Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Problems with changing sound volume while making a call (HTC One X Plus)

Member #

Unhappy Problems with changing sound volume while making a call (HTC One X Plus)

Hello everyone,

I have a very annoying issue with sound volume on my HTC One X Plus. Usually with the side buttons I set the minimum possible volume for the ear-speaker, while making calls (and anyway it is too loud for me even on minimum, I can't make it less than 20% of the volume bar on GUI, but, possibly, it is the phone feature, not a bug). And now about the bug. When I am unplugging my earphones, then staring call somebody, looks like the volume level is being reset to its max. value. But on GUI the phone still shows that it is in the minimum position. And "volume down" button doesn't work in this case. The thing I do is increasing volume to the max and then decreasing to min level. After that speakers work correctly with the volume level I need.

Did anybody meet the same issue? The phone is without root. And the problem appeared at once after buying this model - from the first day. Really annoying when everyone outside can hear your interlocutor during first few seconds. Still looking for the normal solution, but have found nothing. Thank you in advance for help.

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have a very annoying issue with sound volume on my HTC One X Plus. Usually with the side buttons I set the minimum possible volume for the ear-speaker, while making calls (and anyway it is too loud for me even on minimum, I can't make it less than 20% of the volume bar on GUI, but, possibly, it is the phone feature, not a bug). And now about the bug. When I am unplugging my earphones, then staring call somebody, looks like the volume level is being reset to its max. value. But on GUI the phone still shows that it is in the minimum position. And "volume down" button doesn't work in this case. The thing I do is increasing volume to the max and then decreasing to min level. After that speakers work correctly with the volume level I need.

Did anybody meet the same issue? The phone is without root. And the problem appeared at once after buying this model - from the first day. Really annoying when everyone outside can hear your interlocutor during first few seconds. Still looking for the normal solution, but have found nothing. Thank you in advance for help.
    Good luck with an answer, man, seems like there are 10,000 people posting issues and 0 answers here.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterwave View Post
    Good luck with an answer, man, seems like there are 10,000 people posting issues and 0 answers here.
    Yes, nobody really replied with any solution. Could you please advise me another place where to ask my question?

Member #
    Liked
    29 times

Re: Problems with changing sound volume while making a call (HTC One X Plus)

It is a fairly new phone, it should just work. I suggest taking it back if you are within the thirty days. If not call HTC for warranty.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by robkort View Post
    It is a fairly new phone, it should just work. I suggest taking it back if you are within the thirty days. If not call HTC for warranty.
    Thank you. I wrote to HTC support today, and they just proposed me to do the hard reset. But I have already too much things installed and configured on the phone to do reset. Not an optimal way of fixing software bugs.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    Thank you. I wrote to HTC support today, and they just proposed me to do the hard reset. But I have already too much things installed and configured on the phone to do reset. Not an optimal way of fixing software bugs.

No worries about the apps you already installed on your device. Google Play Store does keeps a record of everything you download on it. You can easily re-install them from the market. The only thing you'll lose would be the music, data, and pictures if any. But if you have a cloud storage service you can back it up there.

Member #
    I would try hard reset, but there are no guarantees that 1) it will help, 2) it won't happen again with some conditions. Yes, the applications could be re-downloaded, but not the settings. As for me doing all this stuff again takes too much time. So I am going to try that if only nothing else helps.

Installed "Volume Locker" from store - it didn't help. And at Volume Control the in-call volume level is always on minimum. Looks like all these applications play with the level setting (that includes bug), not the real volume itself.

Similar issues are here:
    htc one x+ volume too high - Mobile Phones - Digital Spy Forums
    Call volume stuck on high after bluetooth - Android Forums

Member #
    No one knows anything about it.....thousands of handsets with the problem, but HTC doesn't know a thing. No resets, apps or other controls help. It's all been tried in all combinations, time and time again. Just another product bug a manufacturer is in too big a hurry to fix because they need it on the market. VM don't care, RS won't take it back. So mine is likely going in the can and we'll buy another brand and try again. Junk is junk.

Member #
    Maybe a lot of models really contain this bug, but the volume level is a subjective setting, it depends on personal feelings. So some people just don't care, and others always use the maximum settings. As for me this bug is so important, that I just can't use my phone as a phone. It is awful that you always must say to your companion to wait few seconds while you are changing the volume. Before this time I believed that the flagship smartphone of the company should not contain issues like this. Such an expensive phone becomes just a portable media-player with internet browsing.

Hope that official firmware update may help. But I am not sure that HTC is going to release it soon.

Member #
    Still looking for solution. A lot of people have generally the same issue, and the ones who tried factory reset said that it didn't help them (as I expected). So there are two choices: 1) to root the device and try some special sound tools (I currently don't know which exactly) or 2) wait for Android 4.2 update.

Of course if I had a lot of time, I would try the first, but the easier way for me is just to wait. To be honest, I am really nervous when somebody calls me to this smartphone because of the volume bug. So my headphones are always plugged - it is one more way to control the loudness.
    Last edited by robkort; 03-26-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links