Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Phone Model
    HTC One V

HTC One V Suddenly Becomes So Slow!

Hello,
    I was using my HTC One V phone for maybe 2 weeks and it was working just fine. I haven't installed any applications on it, neither updated it new firmware. Just using it as it was.
    But from some, for me, unknowing reasons it restarted itself. That repeated for a few days in a row. And from Friday it becomes so slow. It needs almost 5 seconds to move from one screen to another. Also with keyboard it took more than 5 sec to appear on screen when want to type message. Emails (from exchange) are also very slowly synchronizing.
    Main thing is that I haven't installed anything so that I can claim some unknown new application.
    Have you experienced anything similar and how you resolved it?
    Will resetting on factory defaults will help_
    I'm getting very nervous about this.
    Any help I will appreciate!

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Yes just factory reset the thing. You haven't installed anything so go for it. Apply any updates available because it could be a problem HTC are aware of and fixed.

Member #
    Phone Model
    HTC One V
    Well, I sent back the phone to the services, they didn't explained much but said something like they needed to change some circuits inside the phone and upgraded the software! So it was something wrong with it. Anyway I'm using it now for a week and so far so good

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Glad to see your problem was fixed.

Member #
    There are a lot of probable causes that would have made your One V slow. For one, you might have a lot of apps installed there. And though you are not using them, there are those apps that have some small processes running on the background which also consumes memory.

And when you have a lot of those, you are left with fewer memory for casual computing making it feel and appear slow.

Member #

htc one v , slow , same probelm with me

hi
    i bough HTC one V 1.5month. now i also facing issue , its takes some time if i click on any apps. I though if i root or something it will be ok, i did rooting and put titanium kernel also, no change.

As said before, any hardware issue is there, whether i also need to give to service center ???
    thanks for the support
    dino

C J
    Member #
    Is there any feedback on this? Mine is also ridiculously slow (actually, it hangs up and stops ... even after a restart) - It seems a common problem with the contacts. Unusable in this state!

Member #
    I bought my HTC One V two months ago. It started slowing down after a week or two, with every single action taking seconds to perform. Unlock screen? 5-10 seconds. Opening messages? 10 seconds. Tapping the home icon to return to my home screen? 5 seconds on a good day.

The only apps I ever installed on it were an offline map tool, a GPS speedometer and Wikipedia. No What'sApp or anything that needed syncing or ran in the background. I always had enough memory whenever I checked Task Manager. I set my e-mails to sync only every 30 minutes. I did every system update the phone ever required.

I read up on possible causes and solutions but nothing sounded convincing enough so I did a factory reset. Didn't install anything this time, just imported contacts, set up my mail account and that's it. I didn't even take a single picture with it. But it slowed down again just like the first time.

Guys. This phone is hopeless. It's industrial scrap. Sell it if you hadn't smashed it to pieces already and get a proper model.

Member #
    Hello hTC,

My hTC One V phone developed a very unpredictable lag problem. At times it works with much less lag, but sometimes the lag is very high and it becomes impossible to use this phone. I also get messages that 'People apps not responding, send error report' and 'Android Phone App not responding, send error report' etc. I have sent error reports may be hundred times but the messages keeps coming along with the irritating lag. I have Googled and found that many users of this phone is facing similar problem also.
    Kindly inform me the following:
    1. Are you receiving the error reports which I am sending.
    2. Are you working a solution for this problem of hTC One V phone.
    3. When it is expected to have a solution to this lag problem.
    4. I deleted all my contacts after backing up the same in Google account and restored those again from it. This reduced the problem and the phone was working fine. However, after some days the lag problem and the messages reappeared.

Please forward me a reply at my email address mentioned below.

Thank you.

S. Srimany
    email: ssrimany@hotmail.com

Member #

Unhappy I have also been having this issue!

I have also been having this issue!! Almost exactly one year after purchase. It drives me batty!! I want to throw this piece of junk against a wall! But that will not fix anything.
    I have done a factory reset twice. Didn't resolve anything. Love it when it works. Help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links