Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Yellow dot on One X display

Good day Everyone.

I am a first time HTC user and a long time HTC fan.

I just bought my One X 3 days a go and now i am having the unit replaced.

I have this yellow dot on my One X display which only seems to come out when the screen is white. You really cant notice it until you go to a dark place and open facebook, or anything where there is a white background. I have a pic of it in my other phone and I will post it within the day.

Am on my way to the dealer to get my One X replaced, hopefully the new 1 wont suffer from this problem.

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    More than likely a defective pixel, hopefully the new one doesn't have it.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I've seen a lot of reports regarding this and a couple of other screen issues. Some have corrected the yellow spots by letting the screen burn-in (using it a lot), others have just had to return the phone. One person said they went to return theirs and the 6 other phones at the store were all flawed. I'm definitely giving mine a once-over before I pick it up on the 6th.

Member #
    Update:

I have already returned my phone to the dealer and I wont be seeing it for around a week and a half. I am so frustrated with the dealer because they told me to leave the phone so that they can let their supplier asses it. I cant believe that is their policy considering my phone was just 3 days old! Now I am stuck with my Optimus 2x for the mean time.

If I could have gotten a contract phone, I could have gotten the phone replaced right then and there... which sucks coz I bought it outright and have to get it "Assessed"

Anyway, here is a pic of my One X Screen shot in total darkness. Note the HTC Complaints section in the browser. Hahaha!

Pictures shot from my Optimus 2X!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79543607@N06/6971488610/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79543607@N06/7117563611/

Sorry guyz, I dont Know how to post Photos Here.
    Last edited by ACS45Xtianlo; 04-26-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Outrageous that they would treat you like that. How can someone leave their phone for a week in this day and age? Luckily you had a backup. I would have gone ape on them.
    Last edited by Bowie; 04-28-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Member #
    Yeah tell me about it. I was so frustrated with their service. It would have been reasonable if I had been using the phone for more than 7 days... but at just three days?

But what was really frustrated me the most was that HTC could not do anything about it! I talked to HTC the night before and they told me my hand set had to be replaced. The dude at HTC even gave me a reference number and told me to give it to them and they would give me a new handset. Then when I went to the dealer, they said that they cant do that. I called HTC back and this time they told me to follow what dealer said.

Anyway, I couldnt do anything about it. I am going to be on holiday for a week... its a shame I cant bring my One X along.

Member #

Angry Please dun!!

Quote Originally Posted by ACS45Xtianlo View Post
    Yeah tell me about it. I was so frustrated with their service. It would have been reasonable if I had been using the phone for more than 7 days... but at just three days?

But what was really frustrated me the most was that HTC could not do anything about it! I talked to HTC the night before and they told me my hand set had to be replaced. The dude at HTC even gave me a reference number and told me to give it to them and they would give me a new handset. Then when I went to the dealer, they said that they cant do that. I called HTC back and this time they told me to follow what dealer said.

Anyway, I couldnt do anything about it. I am going to be on holiday for a week... its a shame I cant bring my One X along.
    same issue, a yellow dot at screen. just send to their service center at kuala lumpur malaysia.
    they agree to replace me with a new phone.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I'll bet money it's an epoxy issue. Same thing that happened when Apple first started shipping optically bonded panels on the iPhone 4. Epoxy is a very difficult thing to get correct, and it's properties change with atmospheric conditions.

Member #
    Update:

I just got my new HTC One X yesterday! I am so happy with it so far. No yellow spots on the display.

Anyway, i got it from the same franchise of mobilphone store but in a different mall. The dudes there were cool and told me to test the unit first before I left the store.

I think it is an epoxy issue. I am just wondering if it would go away with time.

Member #
    Took mine back yesterday for exchange. Started to appear on white screens bottom left of the display and spread outwards when it became hot. Faded away when cool. Hoping new one will be better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Links