Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Unable to Connect to HTC Sync Manager

Member #
    Just adding something that worked for me as I had the same troubles trying to get Sync to work on Win 7.

After updating to 3.22.631.1, I again had this issue. I eventually got it working last time after messing around with USB Debugging/installing some drivers etc etc.

This time, all I did was enable USB tethering (under Settings->...More->Mobile Network sharing->USB Network setting) as well as having HTC Sync manger enabled.

Worked for me.

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Hi guys,

I'm afraid I'm running into the same problem here.

I'm using Windows 8.1 (PC) and bought an HTC One two weeks ago. At first, the Sync Manager worked quite OK (had some smaller issues to resolve, but got there in the end), but I was able to sync some music, vids,... to my HTC One.

Unfortunately though, only a couple of days after I started using the new Phone + Sync Manager, it upgraded to the latest version (2.3.32.0) and then troubles instantly hit me. The usual message you are all talking about popped up and since then I'm trying frantically to find a solution. Up to now, to no avail I'm afraid.

I tried all the things you guys came up with (re-installing, Windows Defender etc on "off" mode, USB-tethering "on" on HTC One,...) but still no luck. The problem persists.

Anyone who has other bright ideas? As with the other people, it definitely connects to the PC and can easily be used as an "external hard disk", so the problem is with the HTC Sync Manager itself. But what it is precisely, and how to crack this issue, still beats me.

Thanks for your help guys!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by EthsOpeth View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm afraid I'm running into the same problem here.

I'm using Windows 8.1 (PC) and bought an HTC One two weeks ago. At first, the Sync Manager worked quite OK (had some smaller issues to resolve, but got there in the end), but I was able to sync some music, vids,... to my HTC One.

Unfortunately though, only a couple of days after I started using the new Phone + Sync Manager, it upgraded to the latest version (2.3.32.0) and then troubles instantly hit me. The usual message you are all talking about popped up and since then I'm trying frantically to find a solution. Up to now, to no avail I'm afraid.

I tried all the things you guys came up with (re-installing, Windows Defender etc on "off" mode, USB-tethering "on" on HTC One,...) but still no luck. The problem persists.

Anyone who has other bright ideas? As with the other people, it definitely connects to the PC and can easily be used as an "external hard disk", so the problem is with the HTC Sync Manager itself. But what it is precisely, and how to crack this issue, still beats me.

Thanks for your help guys!

This is probably going to sound real crazy, but I was running into the same problem. Running Windows 8.1 also, and couldn't get it to recognize my phone. Finally, I remembered in windows 7 even if the program you installed didn't call for a restart, sometimes you had to restart the computer anyway to get the program to boot up correctly. Especially HTC (Was using a Sensation 4g at the time). So did a restart on my laptop with firewall and anti-virus shut down, and once up and running connected my HTC One and it instantly recognized it and haven't had problem since. Maybe one has nothing to do with other, but that was the final straw that got it to work. Hope this helps someone out there.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterborn View Post
    I tried Haksta's suggestion and it worked perfectly. I also recommend you go into Device Manager and update the Andriod Phone object and point to the HTC Synch folder. When I pointed at the folder it updated the device with its drivers and worked perfectly.
    Would you please tell me (in as much detail as possible) what to do to point to the HTC Synch Folder. I've gone into Device Manager to check driver. It is up-to-date. In Device Mgr, my phone appears under Disk Drives and DVD/CD Rom Drives.

I tried disabling firewalls, my debug option wasn't checked in the first place, and I still cannot get it to say the phone is connected.

The strange thing is that audio files that were only on the phone are now in HTC Sync Mgr program. I am no tech wiz and this makes me crazy.

Thanks

Member #
    I am a real newbie at this. Would you mind explaining where, under settings, 1. you can enable USB tethering? On my Mobile Network setting, the only thing that appears is Automatic Connections, and inside that Connection Optomizer.

Also, I don't have a setting called HTC Sync Mgr on phone. But in Settings, under Accounts & Sync, I have an HTC Account, and Google Account. Auto Sync is on. Thanks.

Member #
    I suppose every one has a little bit different problem.
    I am experiencing some connection problem my self.
    I get connected to my pc HTC Syc sees my htc one and after 3-4 seconds I get disconnected (sync losses connection)
    and reconnection but this time I can only see the external memory of the phone (sync refuses to connect)

I can transfer data to my phone but cannot use the sync program.

I use KIS2013 but is disabled ( closed both firewall and application monitoring) all the time of these tests.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by King Edward View Post
    This is probably going to sound real crazy, but I was running into the same problem. Running Windows 8.1 also, and couldn't get it to recognize my phone. Finally, I remembered in windows 7 even if the program you installed didn't call for a restart, sometimes you had to restart the computer anyway to get the program to boot up correctly. Especially HTC (Was using a Sensation 4g at the time). So did a restart on my laptop with firewall and anti-virus shut down, and once up and running connected my HTC One and it instantly recognized it and haven't had problem since. Maybe one has nothing to do with other, but that was the final straw that got it to work. Hope this helps someone out there.
    Thanks King Edward, this is the solution that worked for me.

Member #
    I tried that and it still does not work. Any suggestions???

Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Winterborn View Post
    I tried Haksta's suggestion and it worked perfectly. I also recommend you go into Device Manager and update the Andriod Phone object and point to the HTC Synch folder. When I pointed at the folder it updated the device with its drivers and worked perfectly.
    This worked quite well for me... nice....

Member #

Windows XP USB connection to HTC One & Explorer issues.

I had a similar problem.
    I downloaded and installed HTC Sync (not Sync Manager which is uncontrollable garbage and does not even appear to work).
    Follow the HTC install instructions (you may get a Windows installer failure message which does not seem to matter) and then you should be a able to use WEX to manipulate your data on the phone just like on your PC.

I then removed Sync Manager to stop it sticking its oar in and things were still OK.

Dunno why HTC support did not suggest this in the first place - I found it quite by chance and signed up just to pass the info on.

Quote Originally Posted by Troneas View Post
    hello.

i just got my phone yesterday and i was able to use the htc sync manager to transfer all my music from my macbook air running 10.8.4 to the phone.

fast track to today and i cant for the life of me get htc sync manager to work again. ive tried re-installing it, closing it down, etc...

i am getting this message:

UNABLE TO CONNECT
    HTC sync manager couldn't connect to your phone. To fix this
    problem, try the following:
    ...make sure your phone is unlocked
    ...make sure you accept HTC sync manager request to connect.

my phone is indeed unlocked when i try to connect, and, whilst i am getting the USB icon on the SB and the phone charges, i am not getting any request to allow sync manager to connect to it.

i have found very little help on the web so i am guessing its not a widespread problem; and that i might be overlooking something. all i could find was this old thread:

HTC One Macbook Air 10.8.2

and ive tried the suggestions there to no avail.

i am not only new to htc but to android as well, since ive been using iphones for a long time. please be patient

thanks in advance for the help!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Links