Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Unable to Connect to HTC Sync Manager

  1. #1
    Junior Member Troneas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    4733

    Unable to Connect to HTC Sync Manager

    hello.


    i just got my phone yesterday and i was able to use the htc sync manager to transfer all my music from my macbook air running 10.8.4 to the phone.


    fast track to today and i cant for the life of me get htc sync manager to work again. ive tried re-installing it, closing it down, etc...


    i am getting this message:

    UNABLE TO CONNECT
    HTC sync manager couldn't connect to your phone. To fix this
    problem, try the following:
    ...make sure your phone is unlocked
    ...make sure you accept HTC sync manager request to connect.



    my phone is indeed unlocked when i try to connect, and, whilst i am getting the USB icon on the SB and the phone charges, i am not getting any request to allow sync manager to connect to it.


    i have found very little help on the web so i am guessing its not a widespread problem; and that i might be overlooking something. all i could find was this old thread:

    HTC One Macbook Air 10.8.2

    and ive tried the suggestions there to no avail.

    i am not only new to htc but to android as well, since ive been using iphones for a long time. please be patient



    thanks in advance for the help!

  2. Register to Remove these Ads

     

  3. #2
    Junior Member Krasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2
    Member #
    4759
    Same here and looking for an answer.. I'm on Win7

  4. #3
    Junior Member dts777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    4811
    I have the same problem but on the work computer I can connect the phone but at home I have no luck. So I would think the HTC sync is turn on at the phone. But is there something I need to check on the home computer?
    Also I can use the phone as a removable disk but not the HTC sync manager...
    Thanks
    Last edited by dts777; 08-10-2013 at 07:26 AM.

  5. #4
    Junior Member Tenacious.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    4842
    I had this issue as well so I did a little searching and found if you go into settings/developer options and uncheck debug while usb connected then connect the phone again the sync manager works great. I'm transferring songs to my phone as I type this. Hope this helps.

  6. #5
    Junior Member bencl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    4844
    I did that but still didnt work, my pc is not even installing any drivers from the windows

  7. #6
    Junior Member Lemmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    4854
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious.C View Post
    I had this issue as well so I did a little searching and found if you go into settings/developer options and uncheck debug while usb connected then connect the phone again the sync manager works great. I'm transferring songs to my phone as I type this. Hope this helps.
    Thanks Tenacious.C!!!! I have been trying to get my Sync Manager to recognize my phone for a week. I tried 3 different PC's and even some virtual XP machines. Once I unchecked that box, it all worked beautifully! Thanks again!

  8. #7
    Junior Member Renaissanceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    3
    Member #
    4875
    Phone Carrier
    Rogers
    Thanks Tenacious.C this didi it for me

    Quote Originally Posted by dts777 View Post
    I have the same problem but on the work computer I can connect the phone but at home I have no luck. So I would think the HTC sync is turn on at the phone. But is there something I need to check on the home computer?
    Also I can use the phone as a removable disk but not the HTC sync manager...
    Thanks

  9. #8
    Junior Member zalophus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12
    Member #
    4524
    Similar problems with different solution:

    Developer Options-ON/USB Debugging ON.

    Win7 Device Manager/Android USB Devices/my HTC/HTC Corp Driver 2.0.7.20 AND Portable Devices/HTC One/Driver 6.1.7600.

    Win7 is also trying to get me to "update" an HTC Corp-Other Hardware-HTC MTP Device. With everything working ok, I haven't done so yet.

    FYI I've also determined that HTC Sync doesn't play well with ASUS MB Utilities.

    Zalophus

  10. #9
    Junior Member Haksta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    5344
    Liked
    1 times
    Guys I think I've actually figured this out!! I spent half an hour on the phone with HTC who were no help...suprise....but then had a little brain wave and my phone is now connected finally!!
    Ok so if you did the same as me, you just installed the "HTC Sync Manager" from the website and tried to connect your phone? Bad move. Do this:...

    Disconnect your phone from your computer, then disable all your firewalls (windows firewall and if you have an anti-virus programs then disable their firewalls too), then re-install the HTC Sync Manager whilst these firewalls are de-activated. It will ask if you want to 'repair' or 'remove' HTC Sync Manager, just choose 'repair'. Once installed, try your phone again! It worked for me so hopefully it will work for you

    I'm guessing when the firewalls are active, your computer does not download all the required elements of the HTC Sync Manager??

    Let me know if this works for you guys

    Haksta
    Winterborn likes this.

  11. #10
    Junior Member Winterborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    5347

    Thanks Haksta

    Quote Originally Posted by Haksta View Post
    Guys I think I've actually figured this out!! I spent half an hour on the phone with HTC who were no help...suprise....but then had a little brain wave and my phone is now connected finally!!
    Ok so if you did the same as me, you just installed the "HTC Sync Manager" from the website and tried to connect your phone? Bad move. Do this:...

    Disconnect your phone from your computer, then disable all your firewalls (windows firewall and if you have an anti-virus programs then disable their firewalls too), then re-install the HTC Sync Manager whilst these firewalls are de-activated. It will ask if you want to 'repair' or 'remove' HTC Sync Manager, just choose 'repair'. Once installed, try your phone again! It worked for me so hopefully it will work for you

    I'm guessing when the firewalls are active, your computer does not download all the required elements of the HTC Sync Manager??

    Let me know if this works for you guys

    Haksta
    I tried Haksta's suggestion and it worked perfectly. I also recommend you go into Device Manager and update the Andriod Phone object and point to the HTC Synch folder. When I pointed at the folder it updated the device with its drivers and worked perfectly.


 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. HTC Sync and HTC Sync Manager Won't Recognize HTC One
    By mipsites in forum HTC One Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2015, 08:56 AM
  2. HTC One S won't connect to Sync Manager
    By Kiseopping in forum HTC One Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2013, 05:15 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2013, 04:08 PM
  4. HTC One X - Sync Manager connection/sync issue.
    By Richdroid in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-26-2012, 08:10 AM
  5. Unable to connect whatsapp or any messanger :(
    By sandhya in forum HTC One V Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 08:01 AM

Search tags for this page

htc manager says no phone connected
,
htc no phone connected
,

htc sync manager no phone connected

,
htc sync manager not working
,
htc sync manager says no phone connected
,
htc sync phone not connected
,
no phone connected htc sync manager
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Sponsored Links

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0