Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Unable to Connect to HTC Sync Manager

Member #

Unable to Connect to HTC Sync Manager

hello.

i just got my phone yesterday and i was able to use the htc sync manager to transfer all my music from my macbook air running 10.8.4 to the phone.

fast track to today and i cant for the life of me get htc sync manager to work again. ive tried re-installing it, closing it down, etc...

i am getting this message:

UNABLE TO CONNECT
    HTC sync manager couldn't connect to your phone. To fix this
    problem, try the following:
    ...make sure your phone is unlocked
    ...make sure you accept HTC sync manager request to connect.

my phone is indeed unlocked when i try to connect, and, whilst i am getting the USB icon on the SB and the phone charges, i am not getting any request to allow sync manager to connect to it.

i have found very little help on the web so i am guessing its not a widespread problem; and that i might be overlooking something. all i could find was this old thread:

HTC One Macbook Air 10.8.2

and ive tried the suggestions there to no avail.

i am not only new to htc but to android as well, since ive been using iphones for a long time. please be patient

thanks in advance for the help!

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Same here and looking for an answer.. I'm on Win7

Member #
    I have the same problem but on the work computer I can connect the phone but at home I have no luck. So I would think the HTC sync is turn on at the phone. But is there something I need to check on the home computer?
    Also I can use the phone as a removable disk but not the HTC sync manager...
    Thanks
    Last edited by dts777; 08-10-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Member #
    I had this issue as well so I did a little searching and found if you go into settings/developer options and uncheck debug while usb connected then connect the phone again the sync manager works great. I'm transferring songs to my phone as I type this. Hope this helps.

Member #
    I did that but still didnt work, my pc is not even installing any drivers from the windows

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious.C View Post
    I had this issue as well so I did a little searching and found if you go into settings/developer options and uncheck debug while usb connected then connect the phone again the sync manager works great. I'm transferring songs to my phone as I type this. Hope this helps.
    Thanks Tenacious.C!!!! I have been trying to get my Sync Manager to recognize my phone for a week. I tried 3 different PC's and even some virtual XP machines. Once I unchecked that box, it all worked beautifully! Thanks again!

Member #
    Phone Carrier
    Rogers
    Thanks Tenacious.C this didi it for me

Quote Originally Posted by dts777 View Post
    I have the same problem but on the work computer I can connect the phone but at home I have no luck. So I would think the HTC sync is turn on at the phone. But is there something I need to check on the home computer?
    Also I can use the phone as a removable disk but not the HTC sync manager...
    Thanks

Member #
    Similar problems with different solution:

Developer Options-ON/USB Debugging ON.

Win7 Device Manager/Android USB Devices/my HTC/HTC Corp Driver 2.0.7.20 AND Portable Devices/HTC One/Driver 6.1.7600.

Win7 is also trying to get me to "update" an HTC Corp-Other Hardware-HTC MTP Device. With everything working ok, I haven't done so yet.

FYI I've also determined that HTC Sync doesn't play well with ASUS MB Utilities.

Zalophus

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Guys I think I've actually figured this out!! I spent half an hour on the phone with HTC who were no help...suprise....but then had a little brain wave and my phone is now connected finally!!
    Ok so if you did the same as me, you just installed the "HTC Sync Manager" from the website and tried to connect your phone? Bad move. Do this:...

Disconnect your phone from your computer, then disable all your firewalls (windows firewall and if you have an anti-virus programs then disable their firewalls too), then re-install the HTC Sync Manager whilst these firewalls are de-activated. It will ask if you want to 'repair' or 'remove' HTC Sync Manager, just choose 'repair'. Once installed, try your phone again! It worked for me so hopefully it will work for you

I'm guessing when the firewalls are active, your computer does not download all the required elements of the HTC Sync Manager??

Let me know if this works for you guys

Haksta
    Winterborn likes this.

Member #

Thanks Haksta

Quote Originally Posted by Haksta View Post
    Guys I think I've actually figured this out!! I spent half an hour on the phone with HTC who were no help...suprise....but then had a little brain wave and my phone is now connected finally!!
    Ok so if you did the same as me, you just installed the "HTC Sync Manager" from the website and tried to connect your phone? Bad move. Do this:...

Disconnect your phone from your computer, then disable all your firewalls (windows firewall and if you have an anti-virus programs then disable their firewalls too), then re-install the HTC Sync Manager whilst these firewalls are de-activated. It will ask if you want to 'repair' or 'remove' HTC Sync Manager, just choose 'repair'. Once installed, try your phone again! It worked for me so hopefully it will work for you

I'm guessing when the firewalls are active, your computer does not download all the required elements of the HTC Sync Manager??

Let me know if this works for you guys

Haksta
    I tried Haksta's suggestion and it worked perfectly. I also recommend you go into Device Manager and update the Andriod Phone object and point to the HTC Synch folder. When I pointed at the folder it updated the device with its drivers and worked perfectly.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Links