Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: +++++++++++

Member #

Question +++++++++++

I have a 2012 model HTC One X; Model#PJ83100. It is self-contained ( no battery removal ). I've never had an ounce of trouble out of it...until about a month ago. I hooked it up to charge and went to bed. When I went to get it the next morning, all I had was the "HTC brilliant" logo onscreen. When I pushed the power button, the logo disappeared, and I had a grey-tinted screen, that you had to do a double-take to notice that the phone was still powered on. I couldn't get it turned off. I simply did not know how, so I had to just leave it alone until the battery went dead.

I started doing a little research, and found the procedure to get to the HBOOT / FASTBOOT screen. After some work...AND some luck, I found yet another, similar screen, but it just didn't have those 3 huge bar codes on the bottom.

Long story short, I was told by someone that is pretty tech savvy, that I needed an RUU file, that they had had the same problem, and that was how they solved theirs. I had been given what was supposed to be the "correct RUU"...twice, without any luck whatsoever. The only thing different was that after the file was supposedly downloaded successfully, I had a red triangle, with an exclamation point that came up. I had no idea what to do next, and seconds later, it just went away. After some more fiddling around, trying to get back to a decent starting point, I had a green circle...made with two circular arrows and a "progress bar" below it. I could tell that it was moving. Once again, I had no clue what to do next, so the screen just went black. Sorry, I should say grey, because it did not turn itself off.

I don't know if the phone is what is referred to as "bricked" or not. My feeling is that it MIGHT NOT BE. It's a $700 phone, and that was back almost 4 years ago!! I got it for a penny, as part of an AT&T promotion. They were our carrier back then, but for the past year or 2, we've been on with Consumer Cellular.

I've just not been able to make any progress as far as getting the phone back to what I call "normal Android". I need some expert help. I'll NEVER get the thing back to normal by myself, unless it's a pure accident. Thanks in advance for any input, suggestions, and / or expertise any of y'all can provide. I'm disabled, on a pittance of a Social Security monthly "check", and would be beating my head against the wall, if I were to have to figure out a way to buy another good smartphone. Almost forgot...the phone DOES HAVE a SIM card, if that means anything, or helps in any way.

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Remove Ads

Links