Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Sms help

Member #

Question Sms help

Hi.

This is a problem that I hope you guys might be able to help me with.

About a month ago I changed my text message tone from one that I had created myself to a stock one that came with the One S.

I have gone to the settings -> Personalize -> Sound

I change to the sound-set that contains the right info and change the notifications 'message' to the correct tone but it doesn't stick.

Is there something that I'm missing out on doing?

Would really appreciate your help, cheers, Ste.

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone Model
    Galaxy Nexus (GSM), Note 2, Galaxy S 3
    Phone Carrier
    AT&T
    Hello Ste, and welcome to the forum!

Member #

Smile cheers

Thanks so much, am looking towards someone giving me an idea on this. Would be ok if I could turn the volume up on the tone itself. It seems to be coded in somehow just to annoy me. All ideas would be welcome. Cheers, Ste.

Member #

Sorted :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ste20man View Post
    Thanks so much, am looking towards someone giving me an idea on this. Would be ok if I could turn the volume up on the tone itself. It seems to be coded in somehow just to annoy me. All ideas would be welcome. Cheers, Ste.
    Hi Ste.

I was searching this forum for an answer to this question and came accross your thread, I ended up finding the answer by searching all the settings in my phone so I have registered on the forum to share what I found :-P.... what I found is that changing the "notification" sound in the sound settings only changes the sound for things like emails and all generic notifications that dont have their own sound set, for some reason on the HTC one the texts have their own specific notification sound so you have to go into the main screen in your text messages where it shows the list of all your recent texts, then hit menu> settings>notifications. On this screen you have a section for received messages and sent messages (failure notifications etc.) in the received messages section you then select the sound you want (either selecting default notification which will use the sound you tried to set earlier that wasnt working or you can select the sound you want from the list which would allow you to have a differect sound for texts as apposed to emails and other notifications.

Hope this has helped! :-) and hope I didnt just confuse the explanation with too much waffle :-P

Chris

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CMSeddon View Post
    Hi Ste.

I was searching this forum for an answer to this question and came accross your thread, I ended up finding the answer by searching all the settings in my phone so I have registered on the forum to share what I found :-P.... what I found is that changing the "notification" sound in the sound settings only changes the sound for things like emails and all generic notifications that dont have their own sound set, for some reason on the HTC one the texts have their own specific notification sound so you have to go into the main screen in your text messages where it shows the list of all your recent texts, then hit menu> settings>notifications. On this screen you have a section for received messages and sent messages (failure notifications etc.) in the received messages section you then select the sound you want (either selecting default notification which will use the sound you tried to set earlier that wasnt working or you can select the sound you want from the list which would allow you to have a differect sound for texts as apposed to emails and other notifications.

Hope this has helped! :-) and hope I didnt just confuse the explanation with too much waffle :-P

Chris
    I was also searching the forum for an answer to this and came across your post...so Thanks! =) I just switched from an iPhone 5 to the HTC One yesterday(first droid phone) and am at a bit of a loss when it comes to navigating around the OS and customizing it to fit my needs.

Axis

Member #
    I was also looking for a solution to this problem... Thx CMSeddon...

Member #
    I've been trying to figure this out and finally got it!

Instead of changing your notification tone, you will actually be doing this:

Click messages icon. Click "three dots" at top right corner. Choose Settings. Click Notifications. And there you have, customize your incoming and outgoing messages tone and whatever associated with text messages in HTC One.

Hope this helped!

Remove Ads

Links