Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone Carrier
    Verizon

Phone & Computer How To's [HTC One S]

Connecting your phone to a computer

Whenever you connect HTC One S to a computer using the USB cable, the Choose a connection type screen opens and lets you choose the type of USB connection.
    Select one of the following choices, and then tap Done:

Charge only Select this option if you only want to charge the battery while connected to your computer.
    Disk drive Select this mode when you want to copy files between HTC One S and your computer.When in Disk drive mode, you will not be able to use apps on HTC One S that access the storage such as Camera.
    HTC Sync Manager Select this option to sync media and your data such as contacts, calendar, bookmarks, and other information between your computer and HTC One S.Download and install HTC Sync Manager, when available, from our website. Or in the meantime, download and use the latest version of HTC Sync to sync your media and data.
    USB tethering When you do not have an Internet connection on your computer, you can select this mode to share the mobile data connection ofHTC One S with your computer.
    Internet pass-through If you don’t have a data plan or you don’t have access to a Wi-Fi network, you can select this mode to share your computer’s Internet connection with HTC One S.

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone Carrier
    Verizon

Copying files to or from the phone storage

Copying files to or from the phone storage

You can copy your music, photos, and other files to HTC One S.
    • Connect HTC One S to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
    • On the Choose a connection type screen, select Disk drive, and then tap Done. Your computer recognizes HTC One S as a removable disk.
    • Navigate to the removable disk and open it.
    • Copy the files from your computer to the removable disk, or vice versa.
    • After copying the files, unmount the removable disk (on the connected HTC One S) as required by your computer’s operating system to safely disconnect HTC One S.

If you want to keep HTC One S connected to the computer but want it to be able to access the phone storage, open the Notifications panel, tap Disk drive, select an option except Disk drive, and then tap Done.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked View Post
    Connecting your phone to a computer

Whenever you connect HTC One S to a computer using the USB cable, the Choose a connection type screen opens and lets you choose the type of USB connection.
    Select one of the following choices, and then tap Done:

Charge only Select this option if you only want to charge the battery while connected to your computer.
    Disk drive Select this mode when you want to copy files between HTC One S and your computer.When in Disk drive mode, you will not be able to use apps on HTC One S that access the storage such as Camera.
    HTC Sync Manager Select this option to sync media and your data such as contacts, calendar, bookmarks, and other information between your computer and HTC One S.Download and install HTC Sync Manager, when available, from our website. Or in the meantime, download and use the latest version of HTC Sync to sync your media and data.
    USB tethering When you do not have an Internet connection on your computer, you can select this mode to share the mobile data connection ofHTC One S with your computer.
    Internet pass-through If you donít have a data plan or you donít have access to a Wi-Fi network, you can select this mode to share your computerís Internet connection with HTC One S.

hi , i have recently done the factory reset of my HTC one S n now when I connect my phone to pc it shows me very strange and odd options for connectivity as shown in the pic . Can you please help me to get the old type of connectivity options? Name:  2013-04-04_00-01-16.png
Views: 2416
Size:  69.7 KB

Remove Ads

Links