Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HTC Update Not Installing On Rooted Phone

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone Model
    Galaxy Nexus (GSM), Note 2, Galaxy S 3
    Phone Carrier
    AT&T
    Quote Originally Posted by melody123 View Post
    I'm afraid the update may change the system of things :(
    OTA updates are sometimes unpredictable, it's true. Basically, you need to sit down and ask yourself if you want to be stock - and receive OTA updates, or run custom roms - and forego the OTA updates. I'm not saying you can't have a custom rom and retreat back to stock and grab an OTA update (because it's possible to do that), I'm saying it's a lot of WORK and what are you really accomplishing by doing that?

I've had Android phones for going on three years now and in the beginning I was firmly in the "mod your phone" school of thought. So I avoided all OTAs like the plague and relied on the custom ROM developers to deliver the features I wanted - and they usually did. Since then, I acquired a Galaxy Nexus and decided to stay straight stock. I received the upgrade to Jelly Bean and it installed with no problem. One my HTC One X, it received the upgrade to version 4.0.4, again with no hassle. Everything works fine with no problems...the advantage of being pure stock, with no modifications.

My reason for changing my mind on modifying the phones was pure and simply laziness on my part. It was becoming too much of a hassle for me to stay on top of all that was going on in the world of modding, so I chose the path of least resistance. Additionally, I found that the programs that required root were things that I rarely used or could live without. So if you want to *simplify* things, choose one or the other - Stay stock, or go back and forth between stock and rooted and drive yourself nuts.
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 08-29-2012 at 04:07 PM.

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Hey I was curious about how I could get this OTA update installed. I rooted my One S, flashed CWM, and have been using CM10 nightlies for about a few weeks now. I tried following other instructions I found online but they didn't exactly work like It was supposed to. They said to relock the boatloader and run the tmous RUU. I relocked the bootloader even though it still shows s-on and I attempted to run the RUU. Every time I ran the RUU it gave me the [155] unknown error message. What I want to know is, should I unlock the bootloader before I reinstall the stock recovery or does it not matter?
    Last edited by Alovato; 09-27-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone Model
    Galaxy Nexus (GSM), Note 2, Galaxy S 3
    Phone Carrier
    AT&T
    You need to get the custom rom off of your phone. The solution is to do a factory wipe, uninstall CM10 and install a version of the stock rom. That's about the extent of my knowledge. I'm running straight stock on my One X, and have no idea where you can find the original rom to install. Sorry I can't be more help on this.

See my earlier post#11 above - you may be better off just staying with custom roms.
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 09-27-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Links