Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Contact Transfer

Member #
    Because as mentioned above, I don't erase any emails from my google account for ages now, so I have more than 1000 contacts, emails and other rubbish that needs clearing out before I want those in my phone as they are useless. Once I cleared and adjusted all my contacts on one phone I would appreciate HTC to give me the option of transferring those try new phone as it should. Apparently though that HTC phone feature doesn't seem to work adequately

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Vasp, one thing you might be able to try is this: Contact Groups

In the web interface for GMail, you have contacts. In your contacts you can create groups for whatever you want. So now that you have your contacts sorted, you can create groups based on what you want for what. I have 10's of thousands of emails in my personal email alone. Combined with my work email, not we're talking about a whole lore more than 10's of thousands. Sales contacts go in to one group, support contacts in to another group favorite places to eat in another group. My clown school instructor has a group of his own...he needs all the space he can get. My kitten lovers group, to include UltraDroid and WERA at the top of the list. Once you have the contacts you want in a group, then you should be able to decide if you want to sync them or not. If you don't want them on the phone, put them in a group that doesn't get Sync'd. Other Contacts is a group with addresses in it that when you reply to an email, or type an email to said person, it will pop up their name in the field, but they don't get added to your contacts unless you add them.

I know it is too late now, maybe more for future reference. But you can have ALL of your contacts in one account, but never have to sync ALL of them to you phone. I don't remember all the details, I have not gone to bed yet, I am a little weary.
    UltraDroid likes this.

Member #
    That's not a bad idea. I'll have a look at that

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I think it would make life a little easier to have the contacts in once place, then you don't have to worry about them stored on the phone or SIM, they are with your Google account.
    UltraDroid likes this.

Member #
    Contact transfer
    It seems that when you transfer contacts from one HTC phone to another, even if you choose the phone or google account, the transfer only does the phone contacts and never the google ones.
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 03-31-2013 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Removed links to commercial sites from signature

Member #
    Yes.

Now I had to replace the phone again and I did it through mobile backup pro, which was ok, but didn't link or worked with my groups. Thankfully less work to fix things this time

Member #
    Hi vasp,I want to tell you a way to transfer contacts from Htc to computer,you can use some tools or the third party software to help you transfer Htc contacts to computer,this is a quickly way to solve your helps,To choose a regular tools if it can help you on the market,Hope this helps!

More Related:
    How to Print Out Text Conversion from HTC Android Phone
    Last edited by sank; 12-25-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Member #
    If you use google Gmail to backup android phone contacts ,this is good way.If you not google Gmail,you can also backup android phone contacts to computer.Or you can use Coolmuster Messages Backup to transfer htc phone contacts to computer
    Last edited by Lyloyrrtt; 12-23-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Member #
    Hi UltraDroid ! You seem like an expert....I have a question like these about back up...say I don't want my wife -and her husband to find out we've been seeing each other until our divorces are complete. She's a bit well known (ie-'LeeLoo' ring a bell?), and so could you tell me if I could create a "private" list back-up" on google or somewhere with just those ? Or does the phone just throw everything in one back-up pile ? I need an expert advice on this - it could crash careers and devastate lives, .. help would be appreciated. And rewarded - with a healthy dose of Tiger's blood.

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone Model
    Galaxy Nexus (GSM), Note 2, Galaxy S 3
    Phone Carrier
    AT&T
    Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not a technician - so you'll need to hang on until we can get you some help for your problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Links