Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    No, the replacment came from t-mobile UK under their 28 day no quibble returns policy; however, if the replacement suffers from the same issue after 28 days, I hope HTC have their act sorted out!

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Personally I doubt that HTC will have sorted thigs out. The phones we will be receiving will most likely be from the original first batches. I'm just going to be extra careful.

Member #
    Update.

New phone arrived and all data is currently being updated. Strangely enough, the sn of this phone seems to be younger than the one I had already!! Not sure if that would have any meaning, but it would probably mean that if all of them chip away, this would as well.

Member #
    Do you have any pic of your old phone? I've got some chipping of around the charging slot and the top edge as well and wondering whether they are serious enough for a exchange. Could please show me how was yours? Thanks.

Member #
    I do.

If you send me a pm with your email, I can send them to you

Member #
    I just read on a Greek forum that the problem seems to be with the phones with a serial nunber starting with sh23...

Both the phones I have, the original and the replacement are from the same batch. However I personally doubt that the serial number has anything to do with it. It's a design flaw and I bet however they change their manufacturing process, it will still teeth at the edges.

So a gel case it is for me at the moment until I grow out of it!!

Member #
    Well I have a different problem... after several days of use I was using the phone on mobile internet (normally I turn it off). After about 40 mins it started to go a bit nuts, it would just randomly jump about screens to the point I had to turn it off and back on. Buttons would become non-functional, the phone would stick on screen... After a bunch of repetitions I worked out that it was down to the mobile internet. Turn off the mobile internet and the problem mostly went away. With a few more days it seems although it is 90% associated with 2g data use - with 3g or wireless internet, the problem is not very apparent. Of course I have also now been paying attention and it seems to be a bit awkward at times even without the data on... So it is going back and i really hope it improves!

Member #
    Well mine is going back for good on Monday for good. Chipping issue, battery not being the best one, and noticing that my fingers are too big for the keyboard with the m always being next to the backspace it's driving me nuts!

I'm mostly annoyed though with HTC reluctance to officially correct their problem, so I'm going off to preorder the galaxy s3.

Member #
    very glad I've read this.

Got my OneS from carphone warehouse and because I went on holiday soon after I got it, my 30 day limit has now passed but whilst I was away, the casing chipped on the bottom edge and as others have said, I've been treating it very gently and it had only been in a soft phone pocket in my handbag.

Worse still is I can't seem to hang onto an internet connection - lost it the day before I went on holiday. In the 3 weeks I've had it in the UK I've spent almost 2 hours on the phone to O2 trying to restore it. Finally managed to do so on Friday and by Tuesday this week it had died again. I've noticed that If I switch on my mobile connection I get the 3G icon but as soon asIi navigate away from that screen I lose it. The only time I can now pick up emails and surf is if I'm near to a decent wireless connection. Genuinely don't know if this is a phone problem or whether its O2 related. Anyone else had this problem either with the phone or with O2?

Not happy at all and just about to ring O2 again /

Member #
    I got my HTC ONE S may 12. There were no problem until beginning in june. The phone just died, could not get in contact with Sim card. I went down to the store and they said they had to send it to service. 3 weeks later I got a new phone (HTC One S) and no information about what’s wrong!

After another 3 weeks the phone died again!!

Now I had to go to the store again and told them that I would have my money back, cannot live with a phone how dies every 3 weeks.

Now I am waiting for iphone 5!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links