Calling a phone number in a text message, email, Calendar etc.
Calling a phone number in a text message
- Tap the phone number within the message.
- Tap Call.Tip: To call the message sender, tap the received message, and then tap Call on the options menu.
Calling a phone number in an email
- Tap the phone number in the email body.
- Tap Call.
Calling a phone number in a Calendar event
- Open an event in Calendar.
- On the Event details screen, tap the phone number.
- Tap Call.
- When the call is received, tap to see event details such as the conference call ID or meeting PIN code on the Phone dialer screen.
What Can I do during a call?
What can I do during a call?
When a call is in progress, you can turn the speakerphone on, place the call on hold, and more.
Putting a call on hold
To put the call on hold, tap > Hold. The status bar then displays the hold call icon .
To resume the call, tap > Unhold.
Switching between calls
If youíre already in a call and you accept another call, you can switch between the two calls.
- When you receive another call, tap Answer to accept the second call and put the first call on hold.
- To switch between the calls, tap the person you want to talk to on the screen.
- To end the current call and return to the other call, tap End Call.
Turning the speakerphone on during a call
Warning: To decrease potential damage to your hearing, do not hold HTC One S to your ear when the speakerphone is on.
Do one of the following:
The speakerphone icon appears in the status bar when the speakerphone is on.
- Flip HTC One S over during a call (be sure that Flip for speaker is selected in Sound settings).
- On the call screen, tap .
To turn the speakerphone off, just flip HTC One S over again, facing it up. Or tap again.
Muting the microphone during a call
On the call screen, tap to toggle between turning the microphone on or off. When the microphone is turned off, the mute icon appears in the status bar.
Ending a call
Do one of the following to end the call:
If the phone number of the person who called is not in your contacts list, you can choose to save the number to your contacts list after you hang up.
- On the call screen, tap End Call.
- Slide open the Notifications panel, then tap .
Setting up a Conference Call
Setting up a conference call
Conference calling with your friends, family, or co-workers is easy. Make the first call (or accept a call), and then simply dial each subsequent call to add it to the conference.
Important: Make sure your SIM card is enabled with conference calling service. Contact your mobile operator for details.
To end the call with a participant, tap and then tap Finish this call.
- Make a call to the first conference call participant.
- When connected, tap > Add call, and then dial the number of the second participant. The first participant is put on hold.
- When connected to the second participant, tap .
- To add another participant, tap , and then dial the number of the contact.
- When connected, tap to add the participant to the conference call.
- To talk to a person in the conference call in private, tap and then select Private call.
To end the conference call, tap End Call.
When you're connected to a Wi-Fi network, you can make and receive calls through an Internet calling account.
Important: Before you add an Internet calling account, make sure that you've registered with an Internet calling service that supports voice calls over Session Initiation Protocol (SIP). Internet calls to phone numbers may incur additional fees.
Adding an Internet calling account
- Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap > Call.
- Under Internet call settings, tap Accounts.
- Tap Add account.
- Enter your account details.
- Tap > Save.
- To set HTC One V to receive Internet calls on your added account, tap the Receive incoming calls check button.
Making an Internet call
Make an Internet call to either your contact's Internet calling account or phone number.
Call any of the following:
|Internet calling account
- In People, tap a contact who has an Internet calling account, and then tap Internet call.
- In Call History, tap an Internet call log.
||First, enable Internet calling for your outgoing calls. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap > Call. TapUse Internet calling, and then select either For all calls when data network is available or Ask for each call.
I'm having a problem where my phone cannot be unlocked during a call so to end a call I have to power off and restart. This is particularly annoying especially when I'm calling someplace like my bank where I have to enter my account number and password to get to my information, but the keypad is locked so I can't do this. Has anyone else encountered this?
By wicked in forum HTC One S FAQ
Last Post: 05-15-2012, 05:35 PM
By wicked in forum HTC One X FAQ
Last Post: 05-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Search tags for this page
how do i make a private call on my htc one
how do i set up voicemail on my htc one v
how do i use voice calling on my htc one v
how to check voicemail on htc one v
how to set up voicemail on htc one v
how to use speaker phone on htc one v
htc one v voicemail setup
Click on a term to search for related topics.