Merging Contact Information
Merging contact information
Avoid duplicate entries by merging contact information from different sources, such as your social network accounts, into one contact.
Accepting contact link suggestions
When HTC One V finds contacts that can be merged, you’ll see a link notification when you open the People app.
Tip: If you don't want to receive contact link suggestions, on the People tab, tap > Settings. Clear the Suggest contact link option.
- On the People tab, tap the Link suggestion notification when available. You'll see a list of suggested contacts to merge.
- Choose the contacts you want to merge.
Manually merging contact information
- On the People tab, tap the name of the contact (not the icon or photo) you want to link.
- Tap .
- You can:
- Under Suggest links, tap to link the contact to an account.
- Under Add contact, tap one of the options to link to another contact.
Breaking the link
- On the People tab, tap the name of the contact (not the icon or photo) whose link you want to break.
- Tap .
- Under the Linked contacts section, tap beside an account to break the link.
Assign contacts to groups so you can easily send a message or email to a whole group. You can also sync groups on HTC One V with the groups in your Google Account, accessible via your computer’s web browser. We’ve also added the Frequent group as a special group type that automatically stores the contacts you dial or get calls from the most.
Creating a group
- On the Groups tab, tap .
- Enter a name for the group.
- Tap to select a photo for the group.
- Tap > Add contact to group.
- Select the contacts you want to add, and then tap Save.
- When your group is complete, tap Save.
Editing a contact group
- On the Groups tab, press and hold the group, and then tap Edit group.
- You can:
- Tap the group name to change the name. You can only change the name for groups that you have created.
- Tap the icon next to the group name to change or remove the group photo.
- Tap > Add contact to group to add more members.
- To rearrange the group members, press and hold at the end of the contact’s name, and then drag it to its new position.
- Tap beside a contact to remove it from the group.
- Tap Save.
Sending a message or email to a group
Note: You will be charged for each text message sent. For example, if you send a message to a group of five people, you will be charged for five messages.
- On the Groups tab, tap the group you want to send a message or email to.
- Go to the Group action tab.
- Choose if you want to send a text message or email.
Rearranging your contact groups
- On the Groups tab, tap > Edit groups.
- Press and hold at the end of the group to move, and then drag it to its new position.
- Tap Save.
Note: You can only delete groups that you have created.
On the Groups tab, you can:
- Press and hold a group you want to delete, and then tap Delete group.
- Tap > Edit groups to choose several contact groups to remove.
I've tried to link contacts to Facebook but I can't seem to. I was only able to do it once. I click the contact, click the link button, click Facebook contact, click the person I want to link it to and press done, then it loads for a second and takes me back to the first contact page, with the same broken link icon at the top and it's unlinked. Am I missing something very basic, or is my phone totally busted? Please help - it's frustrating to have 35 duplicate contacts.
I'm having the exact same issue can't get phone contacts to synch with facebook ones following the above directions. I clink the link icon select the contact it hangs for a second then nothing happens does anyone have a fix?
I want to add picture to my contact. Can anybody advise me how I can do that?. When I select the picture from the library to add to contact the only option that I can save the contact on phone or google not in SIM.
Import from sim option missing
I am not seeing the option of "Import from Sim card". what could be the problem.
once I tried re-inserting the sim it popped up and now it is gone again.
Originally Posted by wicked
By mannyshtc in forum HTC One X Help
Last Post: 11-14-2012, 08:20 AM
By pepmay in forum HTC One S Help
Last Post: 10-06-2012, 12:01 PM
By cdpowell34 in forum HTC One General Discussions
Last Post: 08-28-2012, 08:44 PM
By wicked in forum HTC One S FAQ
Last Post: 05-15-2012, 06:28 PM
By wicked in forum HTC One X FAQ
Last Post: 05-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Search tags for this page
can manually save the contact file on my htc one phone
dhow to delete phone contact sim card in htc one
how do i add contacts on my htc one v
how do i retrieve contact from sim card htc one v
how to delete email address on htc one x
how to transfer contacts from sim to htc one
htc one add contact from text
Click on a term to search for related topics.