Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [HOW TO] Customize Your HTC One V

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone Carrier
    Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by robkort View Post
    Nice tutorial Mr Wicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Thanks Wicked!
    Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssscrudddy View Post
    Nice. Somebody has been busy. How do I get a live wallpaper? I read that it cant be done for the V, but this says different. What sort of file type or thing would I be looking for? (as oppose to just downloading from a site)
    I apologize for the mistake on the wallpaper post, it does seem that Live Wallpapers isn't an option by default on the One V unlike the One X and One S. Post edited/updated.

Not sure if there's a way to enable and set live wallpapers on the V at this point. Have you tried downloading one from the Play Store? Let us know if you're able to get one going. If not, I'm sure some developer will find a way to do so. Hopefully.

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    OK I downloaded a live wallpaper for android (on my pc, it gave me an .apk file), it didnt mention the phone specifically, & then I installed the app using the sync manager. It did it & it worked, but the phone really struggled to run it, & it looked terrible. So I uninstalled again.
    Is the pub open yet?

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone Carrier
    Verizon
    OK I downloaded a live wallpaper for android (on my pc, it gave me an .apk file), it didnt mention the phone specifically, & then I installed the app using the sync manager. It did it & it worked, but the phone really struggled to run it, & it looked terrible. So I uninstalled again.
    That's unfortunate. Thanks for the update.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked View Post
    Customizing the lock screen style

Choose from our selection of lock screens. Some lock screens are customizable.
    • Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap > Personalize.
    • On the Display tab, tap Lock screen style.
    • Slide your finger left or right to choose a lock screen style.
    • Tap the lock screen style to see a preview. If you want to further customize it, tap Settings.
    • Tap Apply.

Tip:
    The shortcuts on the lock screen are the same apps as the ones on your Home screen's launch bar. To change them, you'll have to replace the apps on the launch bar.

Sorry but there doesnt appear to be an option to personalise the lock screen. This is all tht's available
    Is the pub open yet?

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone Carrier
    Verizon
    Sorry but there doesnt appear to be an option to personalise the lock screen. This is all tht's available
    Ahh, another good catch. Post deleted.

Member #
    I got a live wall paper for my htc one v.
    How I think I did it was by downloading nexus revamp. Nexus revamp is a app so you click open, once you downloaded it. All you live wallpapers will be save there. I hope it works.

Member #
    Hi,

With my HTC One V, I m not able to enter the leap view of Home screens, plz suggest

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    The ONE V doesnt have the leap view.

Re live wallpapers, I tried a different live wallpaper & it worked just fine. I guess the first 1 I tried was just rubbish.
    Is the pub open yet?

Member #
    I have problem with this phone..i searched for themes of the phone and it gave me an .apk extension for the thought that it is compatible because that what it says in the site where I downloaded it.Do I have to download an apk file downloader (if there is) or it is really not for the fon?

Thank you so much for reponding.

Member #
    Nice. Somebody has been busy. How do I get a live wallpaper? I read that it cant be done for the V, but this says different. What sort of file type or thing would I be looking for? (as oppose to just downloading from a site)
    Hi I am new on this site, and I joined just to help everybody out with this one and to explain this.
    1. Go on your HTC One V and click on the Google Play Store. (You may need to be logged in for this one.)
    2. Download a live wallpaper and click on [OPEN] once it has installed from the play store. (This is where the tricky part is)
    3. Not all the developers will have an [OPEN] function on the the play store site. (This will be the same one where you write reviews.) So, you may need to download another live wallpaper with one that has the [OPEN] function. (For example, I used a free one that was called [Bubble Live Wallpaper] from the developers of Xllusion). Hope I helped!

OH! Forgot one thing! Once you open the wallpaper, it will not open the wallpaper app as you would think, Instead it will just open the [Settings] or [Personalize] (I guess lol) and it will show all the live wallpapers that you downloaded!
    Last edited by PatrickStar; 08-07-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: forgot most important thing lol...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links