Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Member #

Where is the water damage indicator?

I've had my one v for just over a month, end of last week I walked home in the rain, the phone which was in my bag got fairly wet (it does have a case on it). Been working fine since, put it on charge last night and now won't turn on. I forgot you can't take the back off of these and so have no idea where to look for the water damage indicator. I knew where they were on my hero and desire, but no idea on this. Can someone let me know where it is as there's no point sending it back as faulty if one of these is pink. Thanks

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by chimpfc View Post
    I've had my one v for just over a month, end of last week I walked home in the rain, the phone which was in my bag got fairly wet (it does have a case on it). Been working fine since, put it on charge last night and now won't turn on. I forgot you can't take the back off of these and so have no idea where to look for the water damage indicator. I knew where they were on my hero and desire, but no idea on this. Can someone let me know where it is as there's no point sending it back as faulty if one of these is pink. Thanks
    I believe it's in the SIM slot (side nearest the screen) - look here

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oneowner View Post
    I believe it's in the SIM slot (side nearest the screen) - look here
    My phone died, just out of warranty. I was in the rain for about 15 seconds playing Ingress. (Besides it was already rooted & running custom ROM anyway)

The screen went dim & flickery 1st time I applied a screen protector to it (after I sprayed it with water lol). 2nd screen portector I applied (this time spraying the protector & not the phone) same thing happend, 2 days sat in the airing cupboard before it worked again. Same thing again 3rd time. Also happened when I got caught out in cloudburst rain & completey soaked through to the skin (boots were squelching & squirting out water with every step)

Anyway I just took my phone apart because of no response to anything wont charge or anything. I couldnt even find a water indicator anywhere. (Unless it was a small green sticker with black print that looks like a QR code but I doubt it)
    Last edited by Ssscrudddy; 05-13-2013 at 04:43 AM.
    Is the pub open yet?

Member #
    I just went to the warranty office to have mine replaced because the speaker is having problems but they said that if there is water damage the flash on the back would turn red

Links