Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HTC One V Battery not charging to 100%

Member #
    I thought un-clicking the fast reboot had helped, my phone has charged to 100% since I un-clicked it, however it is now again not fully charging. This is really frustrating because I love the phone otherwise! Virgin Mobile is sending me another replacement, but I'm afraid it wont do any good and will have the same problem as the other two phones. Why hasn't HTC done anything to remedy this since it is obviously a common problem! I really hate to set up another phone with everything again, but I guess I will try one more HTC One V and hope for the best!

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #

software fix!

Quote Originally Posted by ginabfly View Post
    This happens to me to and I'm on my 2nd HTC One V! Virgin Mobile sent me a replacement, it charged to 99% the first time I charged it, then after that it started having problems charging, and now once it hits 60% or so it charges REALLY slow, and starts discharging in the 70%'s. If I unplug and replug it starts charging again but it takes forever for it to get up a percentage, then discharges again. I'm going to unclick the fast boot and hope that works. I really like this phone besides this charging issue!! I had the LG Optimus Slider before this one, so this one is amazing compared to that one! I really hope it starts charging properly.
    I just got off the phone with V mobile tech support. They have assured me that this is a known issue with the One V and that a software update will be pushed out to One V users starting on 10/17/12 which will resolve this issue. I'll be waiting.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by foxydave View Post
    I just got off the phone with V mobile tech support. They have assured me that this is a known issue with the One V and that a software update will be pushed out to One V users starting on 10/17/12 which will resolve this issue. I'll be waiting.
    Well now I'm on my 3rd HTC One V (2nd replacement) and so far it charges properly. I contacted HTC before receiving my 3rd phone to ask them about it, because I was worried I would get another faulty phone, and they said there is a way to try to fix the charging port by reprograming it or something, and to contact them again if this 3rd phone also has issues. Thankfully so far it seems okay, but if the software update from Virgin Mobile doesn't help, I would contact HTC directly.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I Had sent a email to htc and this is what they told me to do and it worked for me.
    What it sounds like is the phone is holding too much juice from the battery and just needs to be reset.This is a simple process that doesn’t delete anything from the phone. To perform this all you have to do is power the phone completely off and leave it off for about 30 seconds. Once powered off, press and hold the volume up, volume down, and power buttons for no less than two minutes total. Once the two minutes is passed, release all the keys and then power the phone back up, charge the phone overnight and then test the issue again to see if the issue is resolved.
    deedeebarr likes this.

Member #
    Thankfully my 3rd phone charges just fine. Third time's a charm I guess.

Member #
    HI ,

Kindly be informed that

In order to have full charge or even charge over 90% .. Please kindly switch off fast reboot or boot 2 at power setting before u charge your phone.

Thanks for supporting HTC

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by OishiAshton View Post
    HI ,

Kindly be informed that

In order to have full charge or even charge over 90% .. Please kindly switch off fast reboot or boot 2 at power setting before u charge your phone.

Thanks for supporting HTC

That doesn't work for every phone, it didn't work on the first replacement they sent me. My 2nd replacement charges fully on it's own.

Member #
    Thank you very much. This worked like a charm. My phone is now charging. I hope htc sees this many posts and makes a change.

Member #
    I found out that if you drain your battery completely (so it shuts off on it's own) and charge it to 100% then it fixes the issue. I just did that to mine (on U.S. Cellular) last night and it seems to be doing just fine for the most part. I will update in about a week

Member #
    Hello,
    I have problem with HTC One V, It's automatically switched off and it is not even getting charged. please let me know what to do?
    waiting for early reply....thank you....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links