Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HTC One V Battery not charging to 100%

Member #

HTC One V Battery not charging to 100%

Got my One V last week and so far I haven't had any issues......

except the phone never charges over ~70%

I have left it on the charger for 8 hours and even just tried USB to my PC. Sometime during that time the phone stops charging and if you go to see whats using the battery you see its discharging but still connected to the charger.

I have read that there is an internal heat sensor in the phone that stops charging if it gets too warm and starts when it cools off. Do you think that might be the problem.. that it never kicks back on???

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    I have the same problem. When the phone gets to 70% it starts "discharging", so the phone never reaches 100%. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Member #
    Had the same issue after a couple weeks of getting my one v. Phone wasnt charging past % and kept saying discharging. Found a solution: 1. Go to power settings turn off fast reboot or boot 2. Turn off phone and charge.
    Don't turn it on till the led turns green.it should charge all the way to 100%.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bmensan View Post
    Had the same issue after a couple weeks of getting my one v. Phone wasnt charging past % and kept saying discharging. Found a solution: 1. Go to power settings turn off fast reboot or boot 2. Turn off phone and charge.
    Thanks, that's interesting. I turned off the fast boot, restarted, and saw that my battery power went from around 60% to 90% immediately without even charging it. It makes me wonder if the battery is actually holding more power or if it's using power more efficiently now that fast boot was turned off.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    usually it's stuck at about 94%...but that is normal. 70 is too low.

Member #
    I have had my One V for about a month and slowly over that course of time the battery indicator would not show a full charge. After a 6 hour charge overnight it would not show over 70%.

Simple. I restarted it.

Now I have 99% showing and its back to "normal".

This is my first Android (iPhone user before) and never shut off phones...I guess now I have to reboot this thing every few days....haha

Member #

Went from 76% to 100%

Quote Originally Posted by arcee View Post
    Thanks, that's interesting. I turned off the fast boot, restarted, and saw that my battery power went from around 60% to 90% immediately without even charging it. It makes me wonder if the battery is actually holding more power or if it's using power more efficiently now that fast boot was turned off.
    Had pretty much the same experience. Charged for about 6 hours, starting at 11%, and wouldn't go past 75%. Turned it off and continued charging overnight, but when I turned it on in the morning, it showed 76% (via Gauge Battery widget). Followed the suggestion and turned off fast boot, restarted phone, and the meter shows the battery at 100% charged. Hmmm...
    Last edited by Marc Strand; 09-21-2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: corrected misspelling

Member #
    Thanks so much for your help i was thinking about returning this phone! It's been maxing out at 65% for days... It was at 41% just now but when i did what you said it went to 69%... I figured my phone was charging because it would stay at 65% for a while but then go down... anyways thanks again!

Member #

Glad it's not just me - sucks that this phone does it.

This happens to me to and I'm on my 2nd HTC One V! Virgin Mobile sent me a replacement, it charged to 99% the first time I charged it, then after that it started having problems charging, and now once it hits 60% or so it charges REALLY slow, and starts discharging in the 70%'s. If I unplug and replug it starts charging again but it takes forever for it to get up a percentage, then discharges again. I'm going to unclick the fast boot and hope that works. I really like this phone besides this charging issue!! I had the LG Optimus Slider before this one, so this one is amazing compared to that one! I really hope it starts charging properly.

Quote Originally Posted by ncameron View Post
    Got my One V last week and so far I haven't had any issues......

except the phone never charges over ~70%

I have left it on the charger for 8 hours and even just tried USB to my PC. Sometime during that time the phone stops charging and if you go to see whats using the battery you see its discharging but still connected to the charger.

I have read that there is an internal heat sensor in the phone that stops charging if it gets too warm and starts when it cools off. Do you think that might be the problem.. that it never kicks back on???

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bmensan View Post
    Thank you so much! I thought I was going to have to get a new phone, or get mine fixed, because of the battery issue, but I tried this and it worked!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links