Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kavita rana

Thread: SD Card Problems

Member #

Question SD Card Problems

Is anyone aware of problems with sd cards losing communication with this phone? I've had three faulty HTC One Vs on the trot within two weeks from Virgin Mobile and all three phones keep reporting the sd card unexpectedly removed (one phone couldn't even recognise when it contained a SIM). Its not anything to do with the sd cards themselves as they work perfectly in other phones/pcs. I've even tried several alternative sd cards with the same result - and before anyone asks, yes they are genuine (Kingston 8Gb). Is it just an incompatibility issue with Kingston memory cards? Am I just unlucky (I know the answer to that one ) or what??.

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    I'm having the same problem with my hTC One V. Upgraded the firmware. Just cannot get the Music app to read the card for longer than one minute before losing comms.

Member #

Me too

Quote Originally Posted by Sloucher View Post
    Is anyone aware of problems with sd cards losing communication with this phone? I've had three faulty HTC One Vs on the trot within two weeks from Virgin Mobile and all three phones keep reporting the sd card unexpectedly removed (one phone couldn't even recognise when it contained a SIM). Its not anything to do with the sd cards themselves as they work perfectly in other phones/pcs. I've even tried several alternative sd cards with the same result - and before anyone asks, yes they are genuine (Kingston 8Gb). Is it just an incompatibility issue with Kingston memory cards? Am I just unlucky (I know the answer to that one ) or what??.
    Got the One V a few weeks ago from Virgin Media - with no issues. However, in the last two weeks, it has started not recognising the SD card. As you described - I take it out, put it back in and it appears to be happy for a minute - only to report the same irritating message. Weird thing is - it seems to be selective in what files it can or cannot detect - i.e. music seems to disappear, along with some pictures but not all. There does not appear to be anything wrong with the card, as I can quite happily read all content when linked to a cheap USB card reader on my pC - and used it for 2 years on my previous desire without any issues. This has to be a bug in the latest Firmware of the HTC One V - or a fundamental design fault. But how to get HTC and Virgin to admit this - is probably the next challenge. All apps appear to work fine off the card too - which makes a mockery of the Unexpected Removed message.
    Let me know if you have had any success in progressing this issue? I would be very interested, before I take Virgin to task on this.

Member #

Question Possible solution

I am facing same issue and I came across this thread while looking for solution. Here is what I tried. That resolved issue for five minutes and then damn! same issue again but someone can find possible fix using the info here.

HTC One V rooted, currently running MIUI 3.1.2 with JB 4.1.2
    Sandisk 8 GB SD Card.
    Firmware CWM Recovery

I was facing same issue even before I rooted my phone while Original HTC ICS 4.0 Firmware was installed. MY observation is the problem starts few months after you start using SD Card. (Insert a new SD card in your phone, it will work fine for days / months and then will start giving same error.

While I tried thousand time to remove SD card, clean slot, clean card and reinsert, it did not work. May be worked just once for few seconds. When I tried to connect phone to PC and browse SD card contents, the card was not detected.

Booted to recovery, tried to format card, not detected. Tried to mount SD card, not detected. Then tried to partition SD card in Advanced options in recovery. The available options are 128MB, 256MB, 512MB, 1024MB, 2048MB and 4096MB. Since my SD card is 8 GB, chose the largest option. Now got an option to choose SWAP partition size. Chose 256 MB. Next chose option fix permissions, you have to wait until you see message permissions fixed message on screen.

Now rebooted phone, and voila! It worked!! SD card with 3.94GB memory is detected. But what happened to my rest of 4 GB?

Tried many apps to manage SD card from Play store. Using an app called APart, was able to delete partitions on SD card and create new ones. It worked for few minutes and then again I got SD card unexpectedly removed message.

Does this info makes any sense? I am not a developer and do not know much into phones but someone who know might be able to help. Buying a new SD card is not an option here because its going to work temporarily.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have HTC ONE v and it. Shows problem of sd card removed unely once or twice in a day from last one Monthsoth.I have changed my sd card too,and get new sd card.but same problem exists.tell me what to do,it may be some hardware prblm...
    sk8tingfun likes this.

Member #
    Phone Model
    HTC One SV
    Phone Carrier
    Cricket
    I have a HTC One SV and originally bought a Muve Music (waste of $) 3G with purchase of the phone. Of course it was not enough now that a year has passes and so I bought a new card (Samsung). The phone only registers 29.17 GB versus the 32GB, and does not allow me the option to move apps, music, photos, videos, etc from internal or Phone space to the SD Card. So I took it to my carrier's corporate location and they're 'answer' was to do a factory reset which whiped my phone of everything and STILL DIDN'T FIX THE PROBLEM! But they did find a second issue, after having all my apps uninstalled the phone showed I was still using 3.49GB of 4.19GB. Therefore, the next decision was to deem the phone defective and send me a new one....ooook. Which after reading post from this thread and others will more than likely have the same problem. At least someone localized it to a firmware fix possibility though not a permanent fix.

Links