Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: HTC One X - Black Screen Problem

Member #
    my htc one x screen is black ,i called the phone it is ringing and i can answer but the screen is totaly black and i cant see anything

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    i have 3 htc one x,2 32gb and one white 16 gb how can i download the Arabic software on them ?

Member #
    I was was trying everything on my phone which is only a little more than a year old. it had blacked out but after a restart the screen came back for only a minute, and less time every time I did it. So I did a factory reset and tried a hard reset whuich was difficult to know if it worked cause by then the screen wouldnt come back to life at all ...just black. It would power on and off.... and I could connect and see the storage on the PC, but just total black screen.

Then I found this gem piece of advice. A gentle twist and hey presto. Screen is fully functional. But I am going straight to my Vodafone dealer tomorrow to demand an upgrade

Member #
    I lose my beat audio
    How to solve it?

Member #
    I had same problem,my htc one X is blank.... only the below home button are on but screen totally blank.. It happend all of sudden.. Please tell me how to fix this problems.

Member #
    Hi, I just had the problem with my One XL tonight. I had it for 4 months without any problem. I pressed my fingers on the back of the phone while holding the center of the screen in the front just to make sure everything was tight. Then my screen went back on. I knew it was not a software problem because I could hear the volume down / volume up sound while the screen was black and the buttons on the bottom row were all lit. The phone seems a bit fancy on high pressure at different points. There must be a connector somewhere under the hood that can get loose at some point and that must be controlling the backlight. I keep it in my pocket (with no other stuff around, a good hard plastic skin and a screen protector) because I'm not a fan of wearing it on the belt. It seems OK for now but I am far less confident now on how long I will keep this phone, how long it will last...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I had this problem today and found this forum. My phone screen would randomly blank out but i knew the phone was still on, if I looked closely I could still see the screen was on just not backlit. The phone would still ring and the volume buttons worked.

Smacking or bumping the phone would bring back the backlight until recently. Also twisting or pressing on the back of the phone would work as well. It got to a point yesterday when nothing would work. Decided to pull the phone apart and found the cause of the problem.

This cable connectors fold was the cause, when pressed on the phone backlight would turn off. I ended up putting some cardboard in the fold, which wedged it open, unable to be pressed down. Try not use to much cardboard otherwise the battery won't fit back into the case. It has fixed the problem for now. I used this youtube video to learn how to get to the cable. Note. the battery on my phone was glued in very well, required some force to pull it off.

Web likes this.

Member #
    I have same problem but found a temp work around after trying many diff things. Its again due bad design of phone seems like there is some loose connection at the back of phone below camera. So whenever your screen goes black flickers or hangs ,try closing screen by pressing power button once.. press the area below ur camera with both of thumb softly then try open the screen again.. its woking fine for me its just not permanent sol.. i hv to repeat it whenever i face this issue.

Member #

This is a miracle!

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    I had this problem today and found this forum. My phone screen would randomly blank out but i knew the phone was still on, if I looked closely I could still see the screen was on just not backlit. The phone would still ring and the volume buttons worked.
    (...)
    SOLVED!!

I first experienced the black screen as a genuine problem one week ago, the device is roughly 14 months old.
    The temporary fix of twisting the phone from each corner worked only for so long..
    Opening the device and jamming a piece of paper between the bend is a proper fix.

I encountered the problem after the phone was very warm after charging and watching stream, so my uneducated guess is that the protective glue in the bend is rendered useless, or rather, is the actual problem..

I used extreme force and anger (even cracked my back cover) to open this heavily glued device, jammed a credit card under the battery to remove the adhesive. Once all that was done I gently opened the bending part of it, slit in a piece of thin paper (folded twice), clicked all the parts together again.

And after all that force I had little to no hope for success, but to my absolute shock it turned on like new when I pressed the power button.
    I'm absolutely exstatic, so thank you so much Trav, ur an awesome person!

Had to make this post for all the future people who eventually meets the same faith..
    No warranty - no problem! Fix it urself in 10minutes!

Member #
    I am also facing the same issue since past 4 days.. using the twist technique to get through the day.. just wanted an update from you.. doing this fix at home, the cardboard in the fold thing, have u faced the same problem again or is it working fine till now ??
    Wanted to b sure before I go ahead and open the phone..
    My one X is 16 months old and haven't faced any major trouble till this black screen issue..
    I tend to play games which does cause it to overheat..

Quote Originally Posted by haxton2694 View Post
    SOLVED!!

I first experienced the black screen as a genuine problem one week ago, the device is roughly 14 months old.
    The temporary fix of twisting the phone from each corner worked only for so long..
    Opening the device and jamming a piece of paper between the bend is a proper fix.

I encountered the problem after the phone was very warm after charging and watching stream, so my uneducated guess is that the protective glue in the bend is rendered useless, or rather, is the actual problem..

I used extreme force and anger (even cracked my back cover) to open this heavily glued device, jammed a credit card under the battery to remove the adhesive. Once all that was done I gently opened the bending part of it, slit in a piece of thin paper (folded twice), clicked all the parts together again.

And after all that force I had little to no hope for success, but to my absolute shock it turned on like new when I pressed the power button.
    I'm absolutely exstatic, so thank you so much Trav, ur an awesome person!

Had to make this post for all the future people who eventually meets the same faith..
    No warranty - no problem! Fix it urself in 10minutes!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Links