Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: HTC One X - Black Screen Problem

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    I had this problem today and found this forum. My phone screen would randomly blank out but i knew the phone was still on, if I looked closely I could still see the screen was on just not backlit. The phone would still ring and the volume buttons worked.

Smacking or bumping the phone would bring back the backlight until recently. Also twisting or pressing on the back of the phone would work as well. It got to a point yesterday when nothing would work. Decided to pull the phone apart and found the cause of the problem.

This cable connectors fold was the cause, when pressed on the phone backlight would turn off. I ended up putting some cardboard in the fold, which wedged it open, unable to be pressed down. Try not use to much cardboard otherwise the battery won't fit back into the case. It has fixed the problem for now. I used this youtube video to learn how to get to the cable. Note. the battery on my phone was glued in very well, required some force to pull it off.

it worked for now its been 3 days hope it remains good

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #

Please help me!!!!

Please can someone help me?

I have had my htc one x for 2 and a half years now. I have had problems from the outset: permanent mark on the screen, restarting at will, parts of screen unresponsive intermittently, helicoptering etc. finally just before the warranty ran out I had it fixed and everything was fine for a couple of months then the screen became unresponsive at times again which got worse, it starting restarting at will again and then finally yesterday it was working fine and I was looking at pics, I put it in my pocket and then heard an alert for a txt message, I looked at my phone but the screen wouldn't come on, only the 3 buttons at the bottom lit up. I tried all sort of things such as holding all the buttons down, and various combinations to which it just buzzed but still wouldn't turn on or restart and the phone just kept getting hotter and hotter. Eventually it beeped to say the battery was low (it was 3/4 when this started only 10 mins before) since it went off it now wont recharge or do anything its just a brick! I spoke to htc who said that I need to pay as its out of warranty even though it's the same problems I was having before that they should have fixed. The main thing is that I want the pictures and numbers etc off it but it wont connect to pc when its switched off. Please can someone help, I'm sure there is something that can be done
    Last edited by claireabel; 02-07-2015 at 12:17 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 00slee View Post
    As a temporary fix on mine, I turn my phone sideways, top in left hand bottom in right hand and give a gentle twist. If it does not work one way, twist the other. Obviously, make sure the phone is in a on state.
    Thank you so much love you dude
    I did this and my htc one m9 turned on immeadiately
    Jazakallah fir helping me

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Remove Ads

Links