Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: HTC One X - Black Screen Problem

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

HTC One X - Black Screen Problem

My screen has gone blank. Volume button still works, but if I turn it on or off, nothing happens other than the welcome sound. Have tried ringing the phone, it rings but nothing is displayed. Have only had it since June - any suggestions?

Need Solution for this problem!!
    jatinderjk likes this.

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Mine has literally done the same thing.

Text message green light flashing, it charges fine. the volume goes up and down and to vibrate etc.

but black blank screen. did it the other day and recovered, ish. but now is back to black so i'm going to the EE (Everything Everywhere) store tomorrow. its just 2 months old.

Member #
    As a temporary fix on mine, I turn my phone sideways, top in left hand bottom in right hand and give a gentle twist. If it does not work one way, twist the other. Obviously, make sure the phone is in a on state.

Member #
    hey, I am facing the same issue and my phone is less than 2 months old.. it is blank .. i cannot do anything.. Can the Moderator takes the responsibility and suggest something for this problem.... plz do the needful. Its pretty urgent.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello,
    I have the same problem. In addition, the screen was scrambling up and breaking into "static". Sometimes cycling like an old TV screen. I contacted HTC, they gave me an HTC repair provider to send it to, sent it to them, they sent it back looking with cellophane wrapped around it almost looking like it was a brand new phone! But, I started it up, the screen worked for about 15 minutes and the same thing started to happen again. So, this was about three weeks ago that I got it back. I went away for Christmas and didn't use my phone because I was abroad, came back and now the screen just goes black. I cannot answer an incoming call!!!!!! The green light is flashing and that is the only way I can tell that the phone is on by sight.

There was a higher percentage of time where it would work for brief intervals for about a week, and steadily it has declined to only working about 30% of the time. Mind you, I don't use my phone that much and I have been EXTREMELY careful with it. It has not gotten wet or been dropped. Ever. WTH do I do? This is the only phone I have! No landline and I literally cannot answer my phone. And when someone calls, it takes me sometimes 10 minutes or longer of continuous screwing around to get it on so I can call the person back. It's insane! This phone is a maybe 4 months old! What is the point of the forum?! It doesn't look like anyone answers anyone.

I had done two factory resets before I sent it back. Nothing. Customer service was very nice but absolutely useless. They obviously just did a software update (maybe) and sent it back. This is urgent!! Can ANYone advise??
    deborah43 likes this.

Member #
    Exactly same problems ( ) very disappointed..

Member #
    I have had the same issues since October. I went back to my service provider and am now on my 3rd handset. Phone is great when it works. I would love to know if the problem can be fixed or do I have to defect and go to the galaxy S3

Member #
    I believe the HTC HP design is flawed...thats why all these issues...

My experience as follows...

1. Got my One X D1 of Launch, did not notice on purchase my screen has actually lifted off the mother board due to a flimsy layer of glue which stucks the screen down to maintain a connection with the motherboard...that is a poor design in my opinion in the first place...why is the screen not connected to the mother board by something more sturdy than a layer of glue ard the edge of the screen to the chassis instead of the mother board; which holds down the screen to the motherboard ??

2. Waited 2 weeks for a new set to come from HTC service center

3. Less than 8 months on...black screen/flickering screen; unable to charge HP from AC adapter...gets super hot and battery drains despite the charging sign...send for servicing....some joker flashed the ROM....err..even with my limited knowledge of techs...isnt this a hardware malfunction?..sent back to me without any testing and say its fixed....nah...its not fixed...not by any sense at all

4. Resend in for servicing...replaced motherboard and battery pack...now i can use...but still when syncing with PC, battery drains instead of charging...does syncing seriously takes so much battery?...also the issue with sync options after android update...used to be able to select sync/charge only option....now goes to usb debugging screen when i tap on option...

5. Even when HP is detected via usb...some files on my HP cannot be accessed..transferring files takes ages...and my HP gets HOT and the battery drains like its Black Friday Again!...the Graph goes straight down at near 70 degrees...wtf...

6. Battery Life sucks...3.5 hours of surfing and out comes my portable charger...and damn....the charging takes forever!! 6 hours of AC current charge to full batt? Lucky my Battery backs hypercharges at 2.1A, even then takes 3 hours to fully charge my hp. Whats wrong with HTC? even iphone charges much faster with comparable batt life! Dont even compare with Samsung

I am going Samsung next...even if i will miss the camera and its sleek interface of HTC(perhaps more correctly of Atom)...but i think the techies at HTC are missing a lot of issues..they r going Nokia's way..BTW Nokia's Windows 8 phone is AMAZING..wife got one cos of looks...but its function really charms...sleek, smooth, and very fast...although there are limited apps...reminds my of android in its early days...
    Good luck my fellow HTC One X users..

Member #
    is there any way the black screen can be fixed, is it the LED screen that needs to be replaced? If so I buy the part and fix it myself. I have data on my phone I don't want to lose, and I'm pretty sure I'm out of warranty now.

Member #
    where the hell are the HTC people why they dont help here i have same problem just now felt stupid phone rang when i was in the work bus full of work mates and i just cant answer it and silence it either screen blank imagine the 1st time it happens,frustrating please help

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Links