Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By robkort

Thread: Help! What do these sync options mean??

Member #
    Liked
    16 times

Unhappy Help! What do these sync options mean??

I'm having a hard time getting my emails on-time and it could be my settings. What are the "peak times" referring to? I set everything to "Smart Sync" (though I have no idea what that means either) but I'm getting emails from some accounts in a fairly timely manner (though still much slower than on my Motorola/Verizon Droid X), and other emails are not coming through until I actually go to look at my mail, then voila, the notification bar lights up...

I just need the phone to get me my emails asap, 24/7, and I don't care about what resources are involved. I use several email accounts for business and I'd really like to get this working reliably WITHOUT installing a 3rd party mail amp if at all possible.
    Thanks!

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Could really use some help. The erratic email delivery is causing trouble with my business. Anyone know how toget emails pushed as fast as possible? Also, I now notice that the notification light rarely comes on anymore. It's like the performance is degrading. .

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    I for once never used stock email applications, is a lot better to just use the Google mail app. I always get my emails promptly.
    Last edited by robkort; 05-11-2012 at 07:29 AM.
    Bowie likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    Could really use some help. The erratic email delivery is causing trouble with my business. Anyone know how toget emails pushed as fast as possible? Also, I now notice that the notification light rarely comes on anymore. It's like the performance is degrading. .
    Did you ever get a fix on this? I just notice my emails are instantly coming in and this is BIG PROBLEM when you rely on instant emails. my old evo did not have this issue, i got instant notifications, on my "new and improved" evo lte the only notification option is "smart sync" what the ???? this is hurting me in my pocketbook. I sent myself an email from my desktop and it did not notify me until i went into my email account to see what was happening, I was on the phone with sprint who said i should take my phone into the store. I gotta trash this phone if I cant get INSTANT mail notification. what a mess!

Member #
    of course i meant i was NOT getting instant notifications! help me if you can. I have the new evo lte - if you are in biz an rely on instant notifications.....;

Member #
    I am I may be wrong, but but I think you want your mail set to push.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joyce View Post
    Did you ever get a fix on this? I just notice my emails are instantly coming in and this is BIG PROBLEM when you rely on instant emails. my old evo did not have this issue, i got instant notifications, on my "new and improved" evo lte the only notification option is "smart sync" what the ???? this is hurting me in my pocketbook. I sent myself an email from my desktop and it did not notify me until i went into my email account to see what was happening, I was on the phone with sprint who said i should take my phone into the store. I gotta trash this phone if I cant get INSTANT mail notification. what a mess!
    No, I haven't found a proper answer yet. I did find that Rob's suggestion of the gmail is true, gmail is much me reliable on this phone than the stock mail. My stock mail has gotten much more reliable, but there are still times when it might be 20min off, and sometimes not come through at all.

Member #
    mayb this will help.

Support: HTC One S - Emails

cheers!

Links