Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Member #

Charging Problem with One X

I have had my One X for 3 weeks and the battery fails to charge most times. When the battery power shows orange and you plug the charger into a laptop or mains power the indicator shows the phone is charging but after 1 hour or more when you take out the charger the battery still shows orange and has not charged. The only way around this is to totaly discharge the battery then put it on charge.
    but this does not always work and even leaving it on charge all night the battery is still dead only after plugging it in and unpluging a few times does it then start to charge.

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I've had that happen w/ another phone. It's most likely the power source or cable. But, if you try a different cable and different power source to no avail , be sure to return the phone. A bad battery is entirely possible.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Welcome to the site. I wouldn't waste time with this one, just return it while you are still in your return window.

Member #
    I have the same problem that started yesterday, would it have anything to do with the update that i can do cuz my phone is stuck @ 30%

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by handyandy1746 View Post
    I have had my One X for 3 weeks and the battery fails to charge most times. When the battery power shows orange and you plug the charger into a laptop or mains power the indicator shows the phone is charging but after 1 hour or more when you take out the charger the battery still shows orange and has not charged. The only way around this is to totaly discharge the battery then put it on charge.
    but this does not always work and even leaving it on charge all night the battery is still dead only after plugging it in and unpluging a few times does it then start to charge.
    My device has gotten warm and appears to have stopped charging. What is happening? close
    When using the device for prolonged periods of time, such as when you're talking on the phone, charging the battery or browsing the web, the device may become warm. In most cases, this condition is normal and therefore should not be interpreted as a problem with the device.

The device has a protection feature that if the device becomes too warm (due to use of GPS or Bluetooth while charging, using the device as a wireless modem, etc.), the auto protection feature will be triggered and the charging process will be stopped. Once the device cools down, it will then begin charging again.

Member #
    Even I am facing the same problem. Whenever the battery goes low, and I connect the charger, the phone shows that battery is charging, but after 2-4 hours of charging, the battery is still stuck at 15%. Reboot resolves the problem but it is really irritating.

Member #
    I've had my HTC one x since April, it's been working fine up until I had a little accident with the original usb to micro usb cable. I've
    Bought a new replacement charger and that has been working fine until recently. The only way I can get any charge into
    The phone at the moment is using the usb to micro usb cable that came with my kindle reader but I think this cable is limited to charge at very amh so how can I resolve this? Could it be lint in cable micro connection ? Or the phone connection? Or shall I just bounce the Damn thing under the path of a bus and claim on my insurance?

Member #
    If it don't charge call HTC you'll save yourself 200$ BUT wait for a good two weeks for the phone to come back.

Member #

HTC oe X charging problem

Hey guys...
    I have HTC one X..Last day there was a problem.My cell phone stopped charging..no red light Is turning on..the cell phone is not charging through usb cable.Not even connect with my Laptop..Nothing..
    I plugged it in to mains for charging all the night but no good...It is not charging at all..Neither from main nor through USB cable..
    Plz help me out..i am just freaking out
    Thanks in advance

Links