Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Member #

HTC One X Sound Issues with Headphones

Hi there - I m enjoying my new HTC ONE X since a couple of days. Everything seem to be working fine and I am truly amazed being new to htc but I m having issues with the sound quality when I use headphones.
    The moment any type of sound is played (headphones plugged in) by the phone I get some noise sound from distortion, interference..... who knows. It stops after more or less two seconds after the last sound but is continuous when I play music. The headphones I m using are noise-cancelling but I also tried regular ones and the problem is still there. Both headphones work fine with any other device.

Has anybody experienced similar issues? I would be grateful for any sort of help on this issue.

Cheers,
    Markus

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Phone Model
    Galaxy Nexus (GSM), Note 2, Galaxy S 3
    Phone Carrier
    AT&T
    Hi there esuiet, and welcome to the forum - we are delighted to have you as a member!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Would you say this is more of a hissing noise or a high-pitch squealing noise... or? Could you describe the noise a bit more?

The GS2 suffered from something similar when using sensitive headphones. It was determined to be EMI from the CPU. A TON of PC's have that issue as well, since the audio DAC is usually not shielded.

Member #
    Hi! Thx for the swift responses. The noise sounds similar to static on old tv s. So more a hissing noise rather than high pitch.

Markus

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    The fact that it stops after the music leads me to believe that it's a digital issue. But, on the analog end,there's a few things you can check just in case:
    Does this happen with the phone volume turned up to a decent level? I ask because some headphones have a vol control and its easy to mess up your gain staging and get noise.
    Some possibilities include poor contract on the connector and even a bad joint where the female connector meets the PCB. Does it change at all if you wiggle the headphone jack gently or push/pull the jack a little?
    Like I said, it sounds digital, but it's worth checking everything.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    The fact that it stops after the music leads me to believe that it's a digital issue. But, on the analog end,there's a few things you can check just in case:
    Does this happen with the phone volume turned up to a decent level? I ask because some headphones have a vol control and its easy to mess up your gain staging and get noise.
    Some possibilities include poor contract on the connector and even a bad joint where the female connector meets the PCB. Does it change at all if you wiggle the headphone jack gently or push/pull the jack a little?
    Like I said, it sounds digital, but it's worth checking everything.
    Exactly. In mobile devices, when the DAC isn't being used (no audio playing), it's turned off. When audio output is needed it's turned back on. With some devices it can be an audible click before and after music or alert/UI sounds.

If it stops shortly after music playback, I'm afraid you're hearing EMI. Nothing can really be done about that though. Like Bowie said, though, it could be a gain problem if your headphones have separate volume controls.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Exactly. In mobile devices, when the DAC isn't being used (no audio playing), it's turned off. When audio output is needed it's turned back on. With some devices it can be an audible click before and after music or alert/UI sounds.

If it stops shortly after music playback, I'm afraid you're hearing EMI. Nothing can really be done about that though. Like Bowie said, though, it could be a gain problem if your headphones have separate volume controls.
    I tried moving (jiggle, slightly pull/push, turn) the headphone jack but that does not seem to be the issue. I dont get the typical scratching noise in the headphones. The hissing noises are independent of the volume setting and my headphones do not have separate volume control.

Thx for the help so far!

Markus

Member #

One V background noise

I have the same issue with the HTC One v. I use in-ear headphones from sennheiser (CX 300II) which take a lot of outside noise so only a low volume from the device is needed. I noticed that when the volume is turned down to 0 and music is still playing then you can hear only the noise. I contacted HTC (nl) last week and they said on the chat they didn't have a fix but they would look into it and send an email responce...still waiting...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
    I have the same issue with the HTC One v. I use in-ear headphones from sennheiser (CX 300II) which take a lot of outside noise so only a low volume from the device is needed. I noticed that when the volume is turned down to 0 and music is still playing then you can hear only the noise. I contacted HTC (nl) last week and they said on the chat they didn't have a fix but they would look into it and send an email responce...still waiting...
    IF you get an answer can you please post it here - I havent found a solution yet. Thx
    Markus

Member #
    Hi, I have an HTC One V for 2 days now, and experiencing the exact same noise. I called the provider Hi (Netherlands), and with there SmartCare package, they sent me a guy to fix it. Im now waiting for him at the moment.
    I am afraid this cant be fixed, so probably they take mine with him, give me a temporarily phone till a new one arrives at my place. Ill keep u guys updated!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links