Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member #
    One X is becoming one big steaming pile of you know what.

My Sprint EVO One X will not connect to my Lenovo Thinkpad running Windows 7 64 bit.
    I'm using the factory USB cable that came with the phone.
    I've tried every USB port on my laptop.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software (HTC's support's recommendation)
    I have tried debugging mode on and off

No matter whether I have HTC Sync Manager running or not when I plug in the phone it launches Autoplay and wants me to either start HTC Sync Manager or open a window to explore files on my laptop's hard drive. Whether I select to run Sync Manager again or just close the window, it's the same story every damn time, the phone will not connect to the PC.

Phone is junk
    Android still not ready for prime time
    This thing is going back to the store, if I cannot synch my calendar, contacts and email a "smart" phone is worthless to me....

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    I have the same problem with sync manager. I've tried turning the debugging off but it turns itself back on when I reconnect the phone to the computer. Is there a way around this?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by KenDude View Post
    One X is becoming one big steaming pile of you know what.

My Sprint EVO One X will not connect to my Lenovo Thinkpad running Windows 7 64 bit.
    I'm using the factory USB cable that came with the phone.
    I've tried every USB port on my laptop.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software (HTC's support's recommendation)
    I have tried debugging mode on and off

No matter whether I have HTC Sync Manager running or not when I plug in the phone it launches Autoplay and wants me to either start HTC Sync Manager or open a window to explore files on my laptop's hard drive. Whether I select to run Sync Manager again or just close the window, it's the same story every damn time, the phone will not connect to the PC.

Phone is junk
    Android still not ready for prime time
    This thing is going back to the store, if I cannot synch my calendar, contacts and email a "smart" phone is worthless to me....

I agree with the above, I've had this phone now for 2 months and it's become the worse phone I've ever had in 23 years of owning a mobile phone. Nothing is simple with this useless pile of plastic that they call a mobile phone.

Since day one I've tried to connect it to my PC but no matter what I do it won't connect.

Why oh why can't it be simple like Samsung and all the other mobiles out there??

The HTC One X is the worse phone out there IMO.

Member #

Pathetic Phone & even worse support

I got an HTC One X and it had massive hardware failure. And HTC refused to acknowledge it. The kept asking me to hard reset the phone. There are only so many times I will do that. I did it 4 times. Finally, I got my telco to inervene. And it finally got changed. And now... the new one can't sync to the HTC Sync Manager. And guess what. HTC told me to ... delete the Sync manager and reinstall. It seems like that is their only solution to everything. And, this would mean that all my playlists etc would have to be re-done.

All the answers I get a cut and paste dumb answers.

HTC may want to play in the big boy league but they are no where near ready.

I am selling off my unit and switching to the Samsung SIII.
    I will never get an HTC again.

Member #
    I have a very simple solution . I bought my htc one x just today and had the similar suit problem.What I did was ...I let the latest syn to remain and deleted the driver and installed a previous driver..this thing worked like magic and now within 8 hrs of my purchase .I can sync songs , videos , pictures . Please try out what I did . P.S dont critisize this amazing piece of technology and art . You can remove the driver from the add/remove program option and installing the old one is simple just download it from google . Or else you can wait ,Im sure htc will have an update which clears out these small problems

Member #
    Can't get mine to work, and I've installed, uninstalled, reinstalled .. turn around and touch the ground ... But its never even connected to HTC Sync once

I spent weeks with HTC Techies via email, they suggested I got a new PC

Given up ever trying to sync it now, I just use it as a hard drive.

Member #
    I had the same issue and i think it might be a simple fix... I was trying to sync for a couple of hours and the dang htc sync manager wouldn't sync. I was going to uninstall the sync drives like i read then it accured to me that my laptop has 4 usb ports and i was using a different port from when i installed everything with. I changed to the port where i installed everything and the dang thing worked :/

Ovi
    Member #
    I don't know guys, but somebody has a big problem there, and is a software one. Too bad that some guys were brilliant in making the phone and some others were retarded in making the syncing software.
    I think HTC should clean up it's positions and start employing some real good people not all the crap out there.
    I CANNOT BELIVE I CANNOT SYNC MY VERY EXPENSIVE PHONE WITH THAT STUPID MANAGER.
    IT STARTED AT FIRST AND THEN IT REFUSED TO WORK AGAIN....BUGS BUGS BUGS....SOMEBODY SHOULD BE FIRED OR HTC WILL GET BANKRUPT BECAUSE INCOMPETENCE ...
    Jesus Christ!!!

Member #
    I originally bought the HTC One about 3 months ago and havn't had an issue with it.
    About a month ago, I started having this same problem. Searched everywhere but couldn't find a fix.
    Started using HTC Sync in the mean time until I had time to sit and figure this out... and think I may have a fix for everyone

Would really like to hear everyone's feedback.

Just to start from scratch..... do the un-install and re-install thing.
    1. Open up Computer Management (right click on My Computer and select Manage)
    2. Open up Device Manager and you should see an object called Portable Devices
    3. Expand that and you should have 1 drive letter there.
    *** If you are seeing Unknown Devices, then more than likely the drivers havent been installed properly***
    4. Right Click and Delete it. If you are seeing 2 drive letters, just delete them both and Windows should do the rest.
    5. Do a Scan For Hardware Changes.
    > check if HTC Sync Manager starts to connect. If Not, keep following below

5. Take note of that drive letter in Portable Devices and go into Disk Management.
    6. Have a look if that drive letter is being taken by another device.
    7. If the drivers are installed correctly, you should at least see that drive letter as a Removable Device.
    8. Right click on that drive letter, select 'Change Drive Letters and paths' and give it a new letter.

9. If you delete the driver letters and Windows doesn't configure the drivers automatically when you scan for hardware changes... then you probably have Windows issues.
    10. Run CHKDSK, ScanDisk and probably a virus scan and Malware scan.

If that doesn't help... then its probably time for a re-install anyway.

Also have the same instructions at XDA Developers.

People have commented that changing USB ports helps but thats only because it would have changed the drive letter in Disk Management.... doesn't work for everyone. Thats what gave me the idea of doing it manually
    Last edited by Mr PC Fixit; 09-03-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Member #

Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr PC Fixit View Post
    6. Have a look if that drive letter is being taken by another device.
    7. If the drivers are installed correctly, you should at least see that drive letter as a Removable Device.
    8. Right click on that drive letter, select 'Change Drive Letters and paths' and give it a new letter.
    THE ABOVE INFO SOLVED MY PROBLEM AND HAS ALLOWED ME TO CONNECT!

The drive letter was conflicting with a work network drive that was not connected. Changed the drive letter to Z: and it connected straight away.

I am actually amazed at how simply and quickly the phone sync'd with my Outlook.

Nice one, thanks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links