Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Thin as a brick

Member #

Thin as a brick

Hi,

MyOne X is model PJ83100, manufactured in 2012. It was a promotional offer from AT&T. They were our cellular carriers at the time, but we've moved on to Consumer Cellular. There is, however, many AT&T apps in the phone, and these certain screens I'm getting to pull up, say "locked" at the very top. I've learned that these are called the HBOOT / FASTBOOT screens.The phone also has an AT&T logo emblazoned on the top. I would assume that this was / is an HCT manufactured, AT&T controlled phone. From someone else entirely, was an e-mail that I still have. It contained a step-by-step which left me at a "wiped partition successful" screen, which was completely different from the other two.
    Yet at another website came advisement to search the Internet for the correct RUU file, downloaded from PC to phone. The files downloaded, but their executions were unsuccessful. I apologize. These scenarios are to try and return the phone to normal HTC Android boot, and treat it as if it were a new phone. I understand at this point, everything I had is gone, but the other contributors' solutions did not work either.

There has been one more possible solution given. He believes "from what I tell" him, the phone is likely bricked, and it is time for me to go shopping. But he suggested trying some XDA forums. You might guess that by now, I feel like l'm getting in over my head. I've never heard of that. He / she said I could try "rooting" or "flashing. Never heard of those either, unless he / she is referring to the 3 icons that flash the bottom of the phone. I can push and hold volume down / power, and they will, at certain times, flash 15 times, JIC these facts hold any significance.
    If anyone has an avenue I might explore, advice or input, I would be eternally grateful. With good smartphones today costing us, in some cases, upwards of a thousand bucks, a shiny new HTC One X about 5-600, one that is NOT bricked would surely be nicer than one that is. Thank you very much.

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Remove Ads

Links