Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: G Sensor Problem

Member #

G Sensor Problem

Hi all

I've got a One X and I love it...but a few weeks ago, I noticed the screen stopped detecting when I tilted or rotated the phone. So when I viewed the internet, it wouldn't flip to landscape mode, which is really annoying! It also messes up lots of apps, particularly games that involve tilting the screen (as many of them do now!) I contacted HTC and they talked me through running G-sensor checks, and then told me to restore my factory settings. I did this, and it seemed to fix the problem. Then a week later, I had the same problem. I then ran a system update and it was fixed again. Then it happened a third time - same problem - and I took the phone in for repair (to Carphone Warehouse). The phone came back a week later, fixed.
    That was a week ago, and guess what? Same problem!! Carphone Warehouse's so-called "Geeksquad" apparently can't take my call at the moment because they are having technical issues!!!
    Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or heard of anyone else who has? I've searched online and can't find anything.
    I also would appreciate some advise as to where I stand when it comes to getting a refund or replacement phone...I know Carphone Warehouse/GeekSquad are just going to tell me to take my phone back in, but I've lost faith in this handset now, I don't want to be constantly waiting for it to go wrong again.

If anyone can advise, or suggest anything that might help, I'd be most grateful!

Lisa

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Have you gone under settings and then to accessability and then to auto screen rotate? Make sure the option is checked.

Member #
    It seems quite a number of one x users are having this problem.
    I had this problem.. after much searching online and head scratching, I ended up uninstalling a battery indicator app (from Darshan Computing) I had installed, which so far, seems to have fixed my problem.
    May be different causes for different users, but worth checking your apps.
    BTW I still had the problem when starting in safe mode (which is supposed to run without added apps) so just because the problem is there in safe mode, doesn't necessarily mean it's a hardware issue.

Member #
    I have the same problem, but I am confident it is software, not hardware, at issue in my case. Tried recalibrating g sensor, always aborts, even in safe mode. Have not tried factory reset yet, took me ages to set up phone so holding out for a soft update fix. I know this must be software because my workaround for using the internet is:
    >Open explorer
    >Then either
    go to page with streaming (which is permanent landscape setting), stream the vid, then go back - explorer is landscape
    or open Amazon Kindle app which I had previous set permanent landscape then flip back to explorer using recent apps button - again explorer is in landscape.
    Bit of pain in the butt workaround but hoping htc pick up all the noise about this issue, it seems very widespread.

BTW phone was new from shop 11th August and worked until 18th August, no apps installed since 18 Aug so next step I will try rolling back updates around that date
    Last edited by loose_moth; 08-24-2012 at 02:07 AM.

Member #
    OK, so I deleted a few apps, rebooted and fixed the problem! The apps I deleted were:
    BBC News
    Jumpgate (wallpaper) (purchased version)
    Blue Skies (wallpaper) (purchased version)
    Perfect Piano

Hope this helps

Member #
    Phone Model
    HTC One X
    I have the same problem guys... G sensors stop working before two days, and I can`t sleep because of this Today I went to the official HTC service in Bulgaria (Sofia), and I hope to fix it soon as possible, cause I can`t live without my baby!!!

Member #
    Aaaargh. Sensor gone again! Taking it back to the shop Saturday. Pain in the freakin arse to get all my data off it.

Member #
    Phone Model
    HTC One X
    How the service slove my prolem... They change motherboard, battery and the panel. The phone is like new... I lost all my data, but the phone is OK and I`m thankful for this

Member #
    hi i am new to this forum thing, i have been using htc one v for half a year now and i am having some difficulties in handling my phone.....for an example sometimes i cannot on my phone in a normal mode and sometimes i cannot receive calls and even messages from my frens....i was thinking is it i am the only one having this issue or are there any other people having this too....so i asked the htc dealer and they said i must safe mode my phone and i really need ur help in doing tht...how do i safe mode my htc one v..........i am cracking my head bout it do help me thanks

Member #
    The screen of my HTC One X stopped rotating and G-sensor would not calibrate even in safe mode. The HTC Helpdesk advised me to perform factory reset which I did and the G-sensor started calibrating but the screen would not auto rotate and games like Teeter would not work. Now after the reset I have no market apps and the situation is the same so it is not a software issue.
    The HTC Helpdesk advised me to bring it to the official service here in Bulgaria, so I guess I have no other choice.

Edit: The official service here in Bulgaria did a great job. It took them only 3 working days to fix my phone. Thay changed the motherboard and the batery. The phone has no visible signs of being serviced and the build quality has not suffered from the repair at all.
    Last edited by ethereal; 09-25-2012 at 03:09 AM. Reason: New Information

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links