Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Phone Dead, Won't Charge At All

Member #
    What I did was let my HTC One X "charge" (plugged it in using the wall charger no charge light was on) for about 1/2 hour then held the volume down button and the power button for 30 seconds released them and then within 5 seconds hold down just the power button for 5 seconds the phone then powered on but still no charge light I then removed the wall plug portion of the charger and plugged the phone in to the USB port of my computer charge light is now on and phone is charging went to battery use in settings it now says battery 25% - charging (USB) Thank goodness!!
    Although I wonder if even powering down the phone and restarting rather than switching the wall plug out may work after the hard boot ...hope I don't have a chance to explore that theory.

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Take the SIM out, power the phone on -it should boot up- then reinsert the SIM

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ronica View Post
    Got it working again. Simply had to do a hard reset -- where you hold down volume-down (or was it up) button, then hold power button. After a few seconds, it rebooted, then it worked find again.

Whew!
    awesome, i just had the same thing happened, phone just went off suddenly and not coming back, not even recharging, but it works fine now, thanks for your help!

Member #
    Mine just did the same thing today, i've managed to get it onto the hboot option menu, but i cant scroll down and at the top it claims to be locked? and it's just frozen on "Checking SD card update..."
    i've left it to charge both on the cradle which uses "the dots" and plugged into my computer, still to no avail....
    It initially started freezing and then powered off and i thought it was just dead, as i've had the battery indicator issue ever since i've had it, so i'm used to it dying suddenly on me, but now there's no charge indicator, nothing, which is a shame
    I've owned it for probably a month at most

Member #
    i can now factory reset it, but when it turns on, it just freezes as soon as i unlock the screen, with or without a sim in it, and just repeatedly turns itself off
    and i've charged it for a long time now and it is running very hot....
    i've gone back to my old phone for now, and left the htc to rest as i don't have time to deal with this ridiculous problem with exams coming up!

Member #
    I got the same problem right after I unbox it. Already everything you guy have posted, however, till now there is still no solution :-(. Please help I am really want to use my phone.

Junior Member jamalakhan11@hotmail.ca's Avatar
    Member #
    thanks my phone wasnt charging so it wouldnt turn on because it was dead i followed the info and it worked

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerRadar View Post
    Here it is! I just had the SAME problem as you.

What I did and what worked:
    - Remove your SIM Card (this worked)
    - Do a physical button reset - Hold the Down Vol down and the power button down. This will enable a screen with some options: Power Button is the "okay" and the volume rockers are your way to move up/down
    - System Restore from the hard reset

What I am doing now is manually updating the phone from HTC's website.. Or atleast trying but it says my phone has no battery left - which it is full -.-
    (to do so grab the Sync Manager - HTC Sync Manager - and the System update from htc HTC One)
    This one works for me. My phone is HTC One S. battery emptied. I try wall charging for a few hours, it still does not turn on. Tried Power with Volume down press, not sign of turning on. But i notice there were activities cause the orange light is responding to something. So i tried plugging it in my computer with HTC Sync Manager running and press power. IT WORKED! then quickly transfer it to wall charger.

now still on going charging... thanks to this...

Member #
    i have the same problem, but worse!! My phone (ONEX) was frozen while playing a game, so i decided to try and reset it. (holding the power button + up and down volume buttons) This worked to turn it off, but i now cannot turn it on. I have tried taking the sim out, resetting (holding power + down volume button, then power + up volume), holding the power, charging the phone, but none of it works! I dont know how to fix it, but i really hope someone here does!! If not, I might have to get a replacement, which I really dont want to, as I like the phone, but I am stumped at what to do now. Please help!!!

oh and htc sync manager does not activate the phone either

Member #
    Hi, I joined this forum hoping for some solution. I got an unlocked HTC One S with its box opened. First defect of this phone is that it is not being recognized by any PC or Mac, I have tried almost everything. The second blow.. The phone appears to be dead now, the battery got drained, I kept it for recharging overnight. It hasn't switched on at all. The LED indicator keeps flashing red, but no matter what I do, like pushing the power button constantly or the reset keys (Power + volume down buttons), its not booting at all. When I keep pressing the power button I do get a power cycle indication, i.e. the three screen keys on the phone flash a few times and a green blip kinda pops on the screen, but then the phone still remains dead. I am on the brink of a mental breakdown. Should I try opening up the phone and try to mess with the circuitry or just try my best and return this item? The online store from which I bought the phone doesn't have really customer friendly return policies. It is gonna be a wild goose chase by the time I get rid of this phone. Suggestions are much appreciated!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links