Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Phone Dead, Won't Charge At All

Member #

Exclamation Phone Dead, Won't Charge At All

Have had my HTC One X for 6 days. Situation: Last evening it was sitting in my bag. I pulled it out and found it dead. Won't turn on. Ok, maybe I'd drained the battery. No matter. Got "Home" (to my hotel) and plugged it in; no light to indicate charging. Ok, I'm in a foreign country. In the a.m. decided to plug Macbook into outlet -- it is charging fine -- and phone into Macbook. Still no charging light.

WTF?!?

This is the problem with phones where you can't remove the battery!

More background: Received phone, set it up, and immediately brought it to Singapore. Has been working fine for a few days, charging each evening, no problem. I'm not even using much battery power, because I don't want to incur ATT data charges. So, only using network for voice and SMS. Getting on wifi every now and then for more. Last night might have gone dead because I left wifi turned on but unconnected (so I'm sure it was scanning constantly). But what explains fact that I can't even get charging light to turn on.

The thing is a brick right now, and boy do I need a phone.

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about the phone. Hope you are able to return it soon or get help with getting it working.

Member #

Success!

Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about the phone. Hope you are able to return it soon or get help with getting it working.
    Got it working again. Simply had to do a hard reset -- where you hold down volume-down (or was it up) button, then hold power button. After a few seconds, it rebooted, then it worked find again.

Whew!

Member #
    I have a HTC One V and got the same issue as you! I returned it to my phone carrier yesterday and they sent to be repaired under warranty. I guess the guy didn't know; I wish I had red this before!! I tried to hold down the power button for a very long time; nothing happened; was dead like yours. Now they lend me a LG-C555... I miss my HTC One V!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrider650cc View Post
    I have a HTC One V and got the same issue as you! I returned it to my phone carrier yesterday and they sent to be repaired under warranty. I guess the guy didn't know; I wish I had red this before!! I tried to hold down the power button for a very long time; nothing happened; was dead like yours. Now they lend me a LG-C555... I miss my HTC One V!
    I have a HTC one X and I have the same problem and I tried holding down the power button, nothing. Then the power button and the volume, nothing. So I guess I'm going to have to go back to the store and have them lend me one too.. sucks

Member #
    Here it is! I just had the SAME problem as you.

What I did and what worked:
    - Remove your SIM Card (this worked)
    - Do a physical button reset - Hold the Down Vol down and the power button down. This will enable a screen with some options: Power Button is the "okay" and the volume rockers are your way to move up/down
    - System Restore from the hard reset

What I am doing now is manually updating the phone from HTC's website.. Or atleast trying but it says my phone has no battery left - which it is full -.-
    (to do so grab the Sync Manager - HTC Sync Manager - and the System update from htc HTC One)

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone Model
    HTC One X
    Phone Carrier
    Virgin
    same here bud

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone Model
    HTC One X
    Phone Carrier
    Virgin
    that didnt work for me, my phone is completely dead of battery and doesnt do anything at all WHY!?
    jeb and Samotra like this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by KazCrud View Post
    that didnt work for me, my phone is completely dead of battery and doesnt do anything at all WHY!?
    I just replaced the phone..

There was a problem with the SIM card reader apparently. since Every time i put a SIM Card in it crashed and acted up... I'd recommend either contacting Virgin Mobile (your provider?), HTC or the company you purchased your phone from and get a replacement.

Member #
    I've tried the factory setting by holding the power button and volume down button but nothing works.. how? so sad just got it on may, is it possible to get replacement for a new one?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links