Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Member #

Is there a charging fault with the HTC One X??

Ive had my One X now since 17th April and 3 days ago I woke up to find that my battery hadnt fully charged. I usually charge it overnight whilst asleep. Thinking I hadnt connected it tidy Ive tried it again for the last few days and it still wont charge completely, in fact it seems to be stuck round the 30-40% mark. Ive even used it all day today but the battery hasnt gone down at all.

I phoned my network provider earlier and explained the issue and they were great and agreed to send me a brand new one tomorrow with no questions asked. They didn't seem suprised with the fault but when I asked them if this was a common problem they answered No.

Has anyone else had any problems similar to this. I love, love, love this phone and would love another one but dont want a load of problems if theres an issue.

Thanks.

2. Register to Remove these Ads

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I don't have that issue, though my battery life isn't as good as others are reporting.

Member #
    I have experimented the same issue...
    Rebooting the phone works for me, the battery indicator appear fully charged after that.

Member #
    I had the same with my one s
    A reboot resolved the issue

Member #
    Ive tried asking if there is a certain way to charge the one x so we dont have problems like this in another thread, but havent gotten any replies. On my old phone (samsung galaxy s captivate) people were having alot of charging issues as well, then they found that if you charged the phone to completion while the phone was on, and then shut the phone off and leave the the phone on charge, that then it would still need more charge and after it completed that charge then the battery would last longer through out the day. Anyone know if this could be a similar issue? Anyone have a guide for this phone that tells you when and how to charge the One X?

Thanks,

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone Model
    HTC One X (Grey)
    Phone Carrier
    T-Mobile UK
    The usual advice is to allow the phone to completely charge and discharge a few times first. It is important to only use the official charger as I understand that the HTC charger charges at a higher rate than aftermarket ones. Charging off a pc won't cut it if it is used at all. I'm not getting more than a day with my UK One X but then I didn't with my Desire S either.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaser77 View Post
    Ive tried asking if there is a certain way to charge the one x so we dont have problems like this in another thread, but havent gotten any replies. On my old phone (samsung galaxy s captivate) people were having alot of charging issues as well, then they found that if you charged the phone to completion while the phone was on, and then shut the phone off and leave the the phone on charge, that then it would still need more charge and after it completed that charge then the battery would last longer through out the day. Anyone know if this could be a similar issue? Anyone have a guide for this phone that tells you when and how to charge the One X?

Thanks,
    This is called bump charging, and its s bad idea, and bad for your battery, and won't give you any more runtime.

This is due to a thing called self discharge that affects this kind of battery.

Run your battery to self shut off, charge fully overnight and you will be amazed st the run time.

Member #

I got my HTC one x 16/04.
    There was android update shortly after this that apparently had a fix for battery life.
    I haven't personally experienced any problems with mine. However, at first before the update the battery would lat a day just about. It is worth noting that as is the case with most new gadgets, we tend to play with them a lot & really put it through its paces in the first few weeks after this the novelty wears off & it just becomes a normal phone, that I organise my life on!
    I've only experienced my battery dying completely (switching itself off) once it was intentional as I wanted to see how long it moans about a low battery for a long time on standby, but I was making & receiving calls & texting & browsing.
    Since then I can easily get away with charging mine overnight, only every other Ňğhť whilst I too am asleep.
    But I don't have push mail switched on as from experience with previous HTC & iPhones alike this is a pure battery murderer!
    Mine has the smart sync on which works fine as all new mail comes through when you load your mail app!
    I hope you find this information useful.
    I'm not an expert, I'm just sharing my experiences!
    Last edited by MissyD; 06-23-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Links